Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need advice on what traction device to use!! my truck is lowered with belltech shackles and hangers so its very low,also dont want to have to mess with the exhaust if i dont have to,it has bassani. gonna run full slicks at track and dr on the street. the truck is 500+rwhp now and i am building a new engine now,so i dont want to have to respend money in the future after the build so i am gonna need something that holds up at higher hp after the build! thanks guys:rockon_ford

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Broncobeater's long bars seem to have more clearance than most others. I'm very happy with my bars a they clear my 3" exhaust no problem. If you are too low though your best bet would be some metco's.

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
Broncobeater's long bars seem to have more clearance than most others. I'm very happy with my bars a they clear my 3" exhaust no problem. If you are too low though your best bet would be some metco's.
thought he wasnt making stuff for us anymore due to the new job?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Metcos are great, well made and beefy. I dont do much racing but i needed something to keep my axle underneath me when my punisher comp vb would shift, and having a 3/4.5 drop my choices were limited. Ive read that caltracs are noisy and you have to constantly grease them.

Metcos are super super easy to install, it will take you longer to jack up the truck than it will to install them.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,563 Posts
I've just got el cheapo Lakewoods slapper bars on mine. But I am not running anything more than a two-pound upper and "CAI". I painted them white to match my truck, and they sure do look good, IMHO. Got the gap set at .75 for the present. May drop that down to .50, as they are not affecting the ride at the current setting. Still get good burnouts, but no more wheel hop. No ground clearance problems.

Exactly what I was after.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.