Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to buy tires and wanted to lnow what you guys thought about the toyo proxes. I am also considering some BFGoodricjs since they make our size now,the goodyears are just to expensive. If you guys are runnning the toyos is there anyway you can pst a pic so i can see what they look like on our trucks

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
648 Posts
I seen the BF's on an L and I had liked the way they looked. But don't know any stats or feedback on them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Here is pic of mine before the paint job. Yea I know I am lazy, anyway here is the Toyo's and I have almost 56K on them right now. Need to get a new set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
56K man thats really good for tires on our trucks. how are they wearing?I am so used to getting only about 20-25 K on my good years. How is the dry traction and grip as well as wet raction and grip? I really like the tread pattern,looks really aggressive and the price isnt bad.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The dry traction is really good, wet traction well as long as you are careful it is okay but other that that all I can say is wet and tracation?? Are they suspose to go together? They were really good I still have half tread left on all of mine but they are starting to crack and split so I am going to need a new set soon. The one big draw back is they are REALLY loud. I fixed that by adding an even LOUDER exhaust setup!!! :D

I would recommend these tires to anyone they are a harder compund so don't expect to get alot of traction with them if you do any redlight racing. All you will do is spin, hey its fun now and again, Oh yea and when they spin they are really loud on the squeal. I am going to get another set in the next few weeks. The one thing that I have done is rotate them every 5K so that they were evenly.

Oh yea on the 56K want to know how I got that far and they could probably go even further, I do not do any burnouts on them (I have slicks) and these are my hwy tires so.

To sum it all up I REALLY LIKE THEM AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM FOR THE MONEY.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just put a set of toyos on mine and so far so good
I have 315/35/20's out back and 275/40/20 up front

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drove a buddys L that had toyos and I didnt like it... I dont know what it was but the truck was totally stock and would break loose too easily, I couldnt get a good launch with them on the street..it was anoying as hell. I dont know anyone running the BFGR set...I just stuck with the eagles until I change my rims again

·
New Orleans Finest
10 Posts
I ride Toyos

I drive a 2000 L with Toyo Proxes, I dont know how to load pics on here but if you give me your email I'll send you some pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have toyo's on my lightning and dont think their that bad, try not to drive the truck in bad weather 2 much to let u know how they are in rain or snow but they havent given me a problem. They are kinda loud like others were sayin, but if you arent lookin to run draag radials i think these toyo's are a great choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts