Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a fair amount of towing in my '03 H-D with a 20' enclosed and a Mustang inside. I'm really wanting to upgrade to 22' Harley Reps, but worry about the wheels and/or tires not being up to the task. If the wheels are fine and it's just a matter of finding a load rated rear tire, what load rating am I looking for and does a load rated 22' tire exist??

PS I have a weight distribution hitch, digital brake controller and a towing tune from Amazon...and the truck pulls the ~7k+ load comfortably up to 70-73mph...75mph begins to get a little sketchy though!!!

Any other issues I'm forgetting?

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
Had no problems towing ~7000 lbs with my 22's on the street truck and 305/40/22" tires. I'd be a bit more leary with lower profile tires, but the 305/40's are pretty decent.

The only thing that sucks is the reduced gearing from the taller tires (they're almost 32" tall), so couple that with 3.55 gears its an absolute dog off the line towing lol. If I were keeping the truck I'd defintily do 4.10's, especially with the 22's on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Same as josh said, about 7,000lbs(big truck) but I had 265's... did just fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.