Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 tires that have 70% tread and 1 that is 50% tread. I'm going to use the 70% ones and likely get 2 new ones. Would it be bad to use the 50% one? And would I put it on the front or rear? Mated with a 70% or the new tread?

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
hell most guys use tires till theyre bald, id put the 50 on the pass rear and a 70 on the driver rear driver rear usualy spins more that way youll probably have even wear

·
Registered
161 Posts
No point is buying 2 new tires, if you only need one.. like said above, put the 50% with one of the 70%... and a new one with the other 70%.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was under the impression you'd want 2 matching ones for the rear since it's on an axle and you want each tire to match tire revolutions.. no?

·
Registered
161 Posts
The difference in overall diameter is pretty insignificant from a 70% tread tire to a 100% tread tire...

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
if it were me i would buy two new tires for the front and put the two matching 70% tread tires on back and keep the other one for a spare. for me i run DR's on the back and i dont take them off until the cords are showing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
svtlightning02
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing