Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I wanted to get a thread started on tires. Yes i know that that is one expense that we all are incurring. I have ran the Nitto 555's and 555r's and I got 12k out of the 555r's and I got about 15 k out of my 555's :smt019 . I have been running the Toyo SP's for almost 50k acctually it is more like 47.5k :smt107 . They are a lot louder than the F1's and the 555 sieres, but they wear alot better.

I was wanting to get an idea what everyone else is running. h yea I don't do alot of SMokey burnouts on my street tires [smilie=3gears.gif] that is why I have a set of Hoosiers in the Garage.

Post up what you like and run.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am running 555r's right now before that my f1's lasted 18k but i only get on it from 50 and up usually on the street so i dont wear them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is a weekend warrior and I am still on my factory set of F-1's...they were shot several miles ago, so I am saving up for some new ones. I currently have about 23K on my '01 and they were bald at about 18-19K like everyone else states.

I am going with some 555's, maybe some 555R's not sure yet. I have only done 1 burnout to date and only drive in dry weather but the F-1's didn't wear for crap if you ask me. Hopefully the Nitto's fair better. Not that overall mileage really bothers me since I can get about 5 years out of 18K as often as I drive it now!

Charlie

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 99 had some Pirelli Zero's on it when I got it.
They don't wear well and they were very loud inside the truck.

My 04 F1's sound so much better I can't believe it.

I will be switching to my winter wheels and tires. 16 inch aluminum explorer wheels with Little Mich cross terrain tires. 235/75/16 they don't look good but I can go anywhere with a couple sand bags. They wear well, are quiet and get better gas milage.

No realistic mileage numbers to post.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am on my 6 set of tires, I had Good year F1s for the forst four then went with the 555's for the fifth and hated them. I am back with goodyears and love them to death they are the best all around tire for the lightning i usually get about 25K on a set tires. Where are you guys finding the toyo proxes do they have the exact size for the Lightning

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can get the Proxys from Discount Tire they have to special order them but they can get them. I will post up tomorrow or Thursday what size they are exactly when I get my truck back..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am getting ready to put tires on my truck again so if the toyos are the same size as the good years 295/45/18 i might try them

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is the size I am running. I think they runn around 125 to 160 ea just depends on what you can get the down to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any other place that you know of you can ge them if they are that cheap thats what I am gonna go with the goodyears are 216 each right now

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put the toyo proxes S/T on my truck and love 'em. They get decent traction in the rain and handle very well. I took the truck to NC on the blue ridge pkwy and held very well going thru some of the passes at 65-70.

I also like the tread pattern....and the sound they make when I roast 'em. :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got mine from Discount tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts