Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Damn time capsules
I have four of them in my garage that were purchased in 2013 when my truck got t-boned. The body shop was only going to replace the right rear tire. Tires on the truck at the time were pretty worn Toyo Proxies. I told them, I don't want no damn mismatched tires on a Lightning, put four on it, I'll pay for the other three. So they found four and here they sit, since I run staggered rims now, with Nitto NT555Rs in the back. They have, maybe, 3000 miles on them. I keep them garaged and covered.

As far as shipping tires, couldn't they be drop-shipped? I mean, when you send rims to Weldcraft Wheels to be narrowed or widened, they require them to be drop-shipped. Place I worked at for awhile was a drop-ship company, Beaver Express. I delivered motors, tires, transmissions, etc., to residential homes in a semi truck. It was interesting sometimes, the places I had to go in a semi with a 48 foot trailer. Hell, I even had to drive over 40 miles one way, more than once, to deliver a damn box of printer paper to a home in Piedmont Oklahoma, from Oklahoma City. Big waste of diesel fuel just to deliver one box of printer paper.

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ve shipped out tires before. Via. Fedex. It’s really easy. Just slap a label on it done. Easy
Yeah, I suppose it's kind of hard to damage a rubber item. But somehow, UPS, USPS or FedEx would find a way. ;-)

·
Hey, member the Lightning? I member
163 Posts
2012 dot code? Since these are at or near 8 years old...

Several European vehicle manufacturers of high-performance sports cars, coupes and sedans identify that "under no circumstances, should tires older than 6 years be used" in their vehicle owner's manual.
Previously unused, never-mounted tires should not be put into service if they are more than six (6) years old, even if they were properly stored.
Tires 6 years and older are at a higher risk of tread separation, sidewall bulges, and other tire problems.

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greyhound has been the best for me. Do have 4 of the goodyear F-1s.?
I have four Goodyear Eagle F-1's with about 3000 miles on them. No unusual wear on them at all. Still look new. Been garaged since 2015, when I went staggered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts