Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this ported tb and it is missing one of the screws that hold on the throttle body plate, butterfly, door...whatever you want to call it. Anyone know where I can get one?

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,118 Posts
Those screws aren't anything special. It's stock Lightning T.B that's been ported. My plans had originally called for removing them, countersinking the head side, and installing flush screws. Then grinding what was left on the tail side off. That's doable, and especially compatible with all the porting going on. Just never got around to it.

When you take the stock throttle body off your truck, just use one of those screws. Or take one out of the one in your hand, go to a hardware store, (Ace is where I go). Most have a wall mounted device that lets you determine what the threading is. Once you find the thread size, go pick out four identical ones, and install them with blue Loctite. Done.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those screws aren't anything special. It's stock Lightning T.B that's been ported. My plans had originally called for removing them, countersinking the head side, and installing flush screws. Then grinding what was left on the tail side off. That's doable, and especially compatible with all the porting going on. Just never got around to it.

When you take the stock throttle body off your truck, just use one of those screws. Or take one out of the one in your hand, go to a hardware store, (Ace is where I go). Most have a wall mounted device that lets you determine what the threading is. Once you find the thread size, go pick out four identical ones, and install them with blue Loctite. Done.
:bigtu thank you sir

1 - 3 of 3 Posts