Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted to do an oil analysis and since I am planning on pushing the stock block a bit I wanted to make sure things were in check. How many of you all do this? Posted are my results.

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
thats cool!

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
def cool. how much? my brother does that shit all the time on his rides

·
Registered
862 Posts
The built block has been running great for about 25k miles so far. I would rather not know the exact details. haha :shitstormretarded
Pretty cool info though.

·
Falafel
1,159 Posts
My friend owns an oil change shop similar to Jiffy Lube and has oil analysis done whenever a customer comes in "claiming" his oil change blew their motor..

·
Dam it feels good to be a Gangsta
511 Posts
thats pretty cool.. $25 bucks is cheap insurance if you have somethign starting to go you may be able to catch it.

·
Racer of the Jackstand Racing Team
2,406 Posts
The Army has something smilar done to there equipment. It's called AOAP the Army Oil Analylsits Program. Just a Cliff Clavin fact there.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im suprised you guys didnt know about this. I am just glad to see no fuel and anitfreeze is in the oil, looks like the gaskets are in good shape. Time to push it.......lol

·
My Dixie Wrecked
360 Posts
Most Local CAT dealers and truck stops will do these in house. I do these all the time at work. I did one on my Powerstroke when I bought it used.

The customers that I have that do them very frequently seem to be worry warts.

In a piece of expensive machinery or high performance race engine I could understand for personal use I dunno. I wouldn't want to know if something was starting to fail. I just check the oil manually.

-If Scilicate comes up your getting some sand/dirt in the engine....look for air inlet leaks

-If potassium comes up coolant is getting in the oil.

-If fuel is evident there is an internal leak (diesel).

-Tin/Copper...**** it I'm driving it, it not worth ripping the pan off now

-Iron/Chromium... ditto

For personal use. The way I see it. If shits gonna break its gonna break.

If I knew any traces of contaminants were in my oil I'd bite my nails and rip the oil pan off looking to find the problem. If I went that far I'd mine as well go all out. :rockon_ford

It is pretty neat tho....I would like to know how they "sniff" everything out of the oil.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I wonder if theres a place to get this done locally in socal. I've been meaning to get mine checked out, I really have a suspicion that something is not quite right with my motor, and I can't figure it out. Maybe something like this would give me a more solid answer of "yes something isn't right" or "no, everything is fine you're just imagining things".

It seems to run fine when you get on the go pedal, but at idle I'm not so sure sometimes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts