Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was driving the truck around today and it felt weird. Going about 40-45mph it felt like the rear end was hoping up and down it doesnt matter if im on the throttle or not and the wheels are ballanced, I didnt notice this with my stock wheels and m/ts on it. I have messed with the shock settings and the tires have 32 psi in them. Anyone have anything similar happening?

·
Registered
330 Posts
maybe a little too much air pressure?
I run 29 cold on the street in mine,some guys run less.
They ARE a mofo to balance,and you are running alot more sidewall than stock...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correction the tires have 25psi in them cold, thanks for the info. Whats the lowest psi safe to run on the street?

·
aka Nivardo
3,089 Posts
I run 25 on the street but have been meaning to add another 3-4 lbs. and +1 on them being a B**** to balance! maybe some of the weights weren't stuck on there right and fell off:smt102

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ maybe before I left work I put 28 psi in the tires and they felt the same. Centerline sent me out a set of revised wheels so maybe the new balance on the wheels fixes it? we will see

·
My junk is SOLD!!!!!
2,260 Posts
I have that a little too, I just had mine balanced but my guy put the weights on the outside of the wheel, which I absolutley did not want. They will balance a lot better obviously but I do NOT want the weights on the outside... what are you guys doing to balance them? Just sticking a lot of weights on the inside?

·
My junk is SOLD!!!!!
2,260 Posts
Ok, well, I'm gonna see if I can get my guy to fix that for me, NO WAY I want them on the outside... looks terrible.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I noticed this on mine as well and have had drag radials before. I think the difference would be the 305 45 18 drag radials have a side wall I would say atleast 3 inches smaller than the 390s. I just go 50 or 40 honestly I hardly notice it anymore.

·
aka Nivardo
3,089 Posts
Here's another idea...
How long has it been sitting?? maybe since the sidewall on these are so large and the tires themselves are quite soft, not to mention we run them at pretty low PSI's.... I'd say it doesnt take long at all for them to start "squaring" up a bit? ie getting a flat spot on the side they're sitting on...

I've felt this on cars after they've sat for only a month and a half, and those werent near as soft a tire or big a sidewall, or with this little air pressure.

just a thought:smt102

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Have you ever checked to make sure that your bump stops have plenty of clearance...When I changed to the Hotchkis leafs my bump stops were bound up tight and I had to cut them much shorter.

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
I have driven on plenty of dr and it was never this noticeable
Then Welcome to M&H tires. I've spent hours with many different set's of M&H DR's on the wheel balancer. They just have a wobble period. I would spin them to new positions on the rim a couple times till we got it to balance with the lowest amount of weight. That seemed to help a lot. They will never spin true but they will hook! I wouldn't sweat it. Slicks are even worse.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Then Welcome to M&H tires. I've spent hours with many different set's of M&H DR's on the wheel balancer. They just have a wobble period. I would spin them to new positions on the rim a couple times till we got it to balance with the lowest amount of weight. That seemed to help a lot. They will never spin true but they will hook! I wouldn't sweat it. Slicks are even worse.

I hear you on that one. We put slicks on my girls 11 5.0 last week and got home late so I drove home on the slicks with 13 psi in them lol, NEVER AGAIN!

Thanks guys just making sure im not the only one with this, im going to go get them traded to the new wheels centerline sent me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts