Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you running either the jabsco or the mezeire, did you guys notice a dramatic impact on cooling down charge temps?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup sure did, still seeing higher temps then I would like to see on the 8lber and the MP, so I'm going to go ahead and upgrade the pump, which is pretty much the only thing I need to go ahead and upgrade even though I'm running a brand new bosch intercooler pump.....!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
The core should be the very last upgrade to a system after everything else is in place.

Pump, He, Larger lines, Larger res, KC or IR unit. Then worry about a core.

·
Proudly Melting Faces Since 1994
1,868 Posts
When going with larger lines, how much bigger would you go? 3/4" maybe?

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
3/4" lines I got from Haybale made a nice difference in my flow. JLP tanks also come standard with 3/4" hose barbs. I couldn't see really going any larger.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
He
3/4 lines
Mez or Jab pump
2 gallon or larger res/ or ice box
then core mods

·
99 problems and $$ is all of em
1,967 Posts
if your seeing such high intake temps why not go with a killer chiller? seems like with the eaton or mp iat2 temps are going to be high almost no matter what with a high pulley/boost combo. i got in on the group buy hopefully going to be testing out the results in a month or so. on the group buy the KC is about the same price as a dual pass HE but i know that the HE wont cool iat2 temps down 40 plus degrees, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now if you go 3/4 inch lines, do you need to get rid of the hard piping that is bolted down to the supercharger also to upgrade from 5/8 to 3/4 hoses....?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Now if you go 3/4 inch lines, do you need to get rid of the hard piping that is bolted down to the supercharger also to upgrade from 5/8 to 3/4 hoses....?
yes

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
if your running from the bed I would do 1" lines. yes it does have to be reduced to 3/4 at the h/e and 5/8 at the i/c but it will be the least restrictive over the longer run.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good question Chester would definitely like to know the same thing? Also will those clamps keep the braided line tight since you're clamping the braided part and being the rubber is underneath!

·
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!
7,794 Posts
Good question Chester would definitely like to know the same thing? Also will those clamps keep the braided line tight since you're clamping the braided part and being the rubber is underneath!
I took a scrap piece of the hose with the SS and covering and one of the HD clamps and tightned it down on to a 3/8in extension. I was op-testing 2 things, the strength of the clamp, and the flexability of the SS/Hose. And both passed my test.

^^crap BB pic

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
I replaced my lines with the supercharger off but they could be done with it on. I had to replace a clamp that wasn't fully sealing one of my lines because it was a crappy clamp. Did it with the supercharger on no problem. Get some good hose clamps or the ones like Haybale sells and they tighten up no problem. Check for leaks and done. Come to find out those hard lines are a big restriction in the IC setup. Next plan is to install the Jabsco replacing the other lines so I have all 3/4" lines. Plan on having Haybale make a few more custom size lines for that once I figure out where I am gonna mount it and how long the lines need to be. Link below has pics of my install.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68250

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
if your running from the bed I would do 1" lines. yes it does have to be reduced to 3/4 at the h/e and 5/8 at the i/c but it will be the least restrictive over the longer run.

^^^ this is how I plan to do it. How did you wire your relay/switch for you meizure pump?

My system is going to consist of
* 5 gallon bed mount RCI cell
* Meizure pump
* Stock HE
* Killer Chiller <- haven't got yet

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice, I'm definitely sold on these lines.....

·
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!
7,794 Posts
I hope he doesn't run out before i can get my hands on some. they look awesome so im sure theyll move quick.
Once I sell a few more sets, I found a supplier but I need to order 100ft at a time, and it isn't cheap, but I should have unlimited availibility.
:rockon_ford

1 - 20 of 23 Posts