Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the damage speaks for itself... even more money i have to put into this stupid dream of mine.

i know the canopy is totaled but i'm really hoping the roof only costs around a thousand to fix? anyone have any input on this...

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
ouch. ive never seen the underside of the roof, is it flat or are there bars and things in the way? if the paint didn't crack or chip off you can find a good paint-less dent guy and they can do some amazing work if they can get at it.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never looked at it close enough to see if the paint was chipped.
i'm not sure if there's bars under the roof but the headliner hasn't changed position at under looking at it from the inside of the cab so i'm assuming that's a good sign...
i'm sooo lucky for my canopy since my entire lightning drivetrain is in the box... if something would of happened to my motor i really don't know what i would of done.
this stupid effing tree just ruined my entire plans i had for this truck... now since i have to get this fixed and most likely repainted i mideaswell get the new lightning front end repainted and installed, mirrors.. bed, sideskirts, wiper cowl, wiper arms, rear window surround all painted to match, truck debadged, new roll pan.. tailgate and bed plastics filled in and painted to match... then in the end cut and buffed... wooow everybody pray for my wallet this is gonna cost me.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Home owners insurance? They should take care of it

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts
that's a slight Boo Boo, nothing serious there unless it damaged some of the support braces above the headliner and if the headliner didn't move then you're probably ok

the way you were talking before you made it seem like the entire roof was smached down to the seats...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from the slight angle i looked at it before stoff i thought the entire corner was smashed in i thought it was wayyy worse than it really is i took off pissed on my dirtbike before i actually really looked at the damage... but yes your right it's not bad it can be fixed... now just gives me all the reason to do my entire exterior most likely before i get the Lightning drivetrain installed.
the truck isnt insured doc it's been parked since 99 since the trans is slipping which inspired me to look for an L drivetrain to begin with.
oh man sIck you have noooo idea how much i would love to say **** it and just get an L but up here instead of 10-18 thousand dollars for a good, used lightning the price range is 20-30 thousand dollars... and they're most likely stock.. retarded if you ask me.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts
see if you can file a claim on your grand dads home owners insurance

PS there's several Lightnings for sale under 10 grand and they all have less than 90k miles (130 Kilometers)

·
Flyin HI
30,989 Posts
My friend had an oak tree fall on his Chevy during some high winds. His roof was flattend level to the hood. Lucky guy cause he had just gotten out of the truck 5 min earlier.

And yeah that doesn't really help you much... GL with the repair.

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
could of swore that was a super bad place to get hit.

Maybe it was more centered over the door.
But I know that area is bad, and can actually total a vehicle.

Not on yours, as it doesnt look too bad.

But i remember back in the day, a friend used to nail his ride right there with a sledge hammer, and he said it would total the car due to the support brace being damaged.
Who knows thou. He coulda just been bullshitting me.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Doesn't look bad at all, not sure on labor cost in your area but they may want to replace a section of the structural beam right there,making it more labor intensive so in that case the grand may not do it. but since the side glass didn't break, the support should be able to be easily porta powered back the little bit it might be down. since it is a full frame vehicle, not a unibody construction, the roof supports are not as crucial for body strength, and you'd have to land it on it's roof, just at the right angle to have that small area affect roll over safety :) Check with the Home owners ins. policy. it Has nothing to do with whether the truck itself is insured.

MM, If supports are damaged they just cut it off & weld on another roof. repair cost has to exceed approx 70% of value, so age & worth of vehicle has a lot to do with what it takes to total. clip jobs are a reg daily repair

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
still sucks for me haha... whatevs if all goes as planned... although for me thats never the case... i can have the drivetrain installed before christmas and then the entire exterior fixed the way i want it throughout the rest of winter... all depends on the weather in the oil field or i'm screwed!!

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
Your car insurance will cover it. Its a comprehensive claim and as such your premium will not go up. :) They probably wont cover the topper but its worth it just for the roof damage. its gonna be more than a thousand after paint and matching is done I would say. I am not a body guy though.

I dont know if homeonwners will cover it. Last claim I made they said that anything that gets stolen or damaged has to be inside a structure aka the house or garage?

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
Sorry I cant read. DO NOT put insurance on it and then 3 months down the road put a claim in cause that would be fraud........Esurance has great rates by the way and no inspection needed. LOL just kidding dont do that, seriously ins fraud is bad umkay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
13 Participants
Fepony
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing