Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been thinking awhile now and I would really like to get another Lightning. I love the car I have now though and I would not want to sell its for the right price I was thinking about trying to find a trade for a built Lightning.

My car is a 99 Cobra vert 30k orig. miles and it has a fully built and forged engine with head work and a paxton supercharger. It's a really nice car and I love it and I prob would only trade it for a Lightning that is built. Do you guys think this would be a pretty reasonable trade straight up? I don't want to make a thread until I get some opinions. Here are a few pics of the car, it has a clean title, all documentation for engine work and all. New kdw tires and a new tranny.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,897 Posts
It's a great trade but if your cobra is a stick I don't see why you would want to get an L. it's quite boring to drift compared to a blown cobra.

But if you want an auto and are tired of the car, I'd trade.

That cobra is very very clean.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
im thinking about trading into a cobra monday, 01 20k miles roush bodykit installed by roush, i could dig it

what im trying to say is, keep that car its really nice youll be hard pressed to find an L that nice

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is a 5 speed. Well I wouldn't trade for just any lightning, but my white lightning was awesome and I loved it but couldnt afford gas at the time. I hardly drive this cobra so I think I could live with a built lightning and really enjoy it. It would def. need to be the right truck before I would trade.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
It's a great trade but if your cobra is a stick I don't see why you would want to get an L. it's quite boring to drift compared to a blown cobra.

But if you want an auto and are tired of the car, I'd trade.

That cobra is very very clean.
My old modded 03 Cobra was no doubt a funner to drive vehicle then my L. With that said I would never pick it over my L if it was down to only having 1 vehicle to drive. A L is just a more modern, more practical, more comfortable, better all around vehicle than a older Mudstain especially when you are talking about a vert. The worst thing about a L is it's weak factory motor.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I have a tacoma I dive everyday, and I wouldn't want a stock lightning again it would have to have quite a bit done and probably a whipple or turbo on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts