Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the build finally wrapping up here within a month. I thought I'd share everything I've put into this old Harley.

Instagram: hd.luis.chavez
My build isn't on there but there will be plenty videos of me hurting feelings very soon.

In Stock form-
Full 2.5" custom exhaust with longtubes
6lb lower/2.9 upper
CAI
SCT 2600 MAF
and an email tune

It started in August 2017 when I bolted on the mods. And loaded in the email tune. Wrapped the datalogging within a week. And I was on my way.

(4 months later)
November 25, 2017 came around. Driving home I lost a rod and put a hole in the oil pan. Well shit!

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
5-6 months passed as I gathered everything for a new engine.

I took a few shortcuts that I now wish I haven't had. But hey it it blows up again I'll just get a JLP longblock delivered to my door. I was in trade school so money was pretty tight.

The basics of the engine:
Manley Rods
DSS Pistons
Stock Crank
Custom Grind Cams
TF 44cc
Cloyes timing components
ARP 2000 Head Studs
ARP 2000 Rod bolts

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had some complications with the engine. The shop I took it to have it dropped into the truck completely screwed me over. They still charged me after burning my trans harness and the new engine had little to no oil pressure. Their excuse "when you blew up the engine you also blew up the trans. That's what's causing all your problems." Mind you the trans was rebuilt 2k miles before I blew my stock engine. I wasn't born yesterday they were a bunch of idiots. Almost bashed some skulls in that day but I paid them to get my truck back and went on my way.

Bought a new trans harness on LMR and shipped the truck up to a mechanic in Dallas. He got me straightened out and had the truck running within 2 weeks.

Loaded in the new break-in tune and drove it just over 3k miles. Reached out to my tuner again and went through 2 datalogs and he didn't change a thing on the tune. Wont name him but I was done with him after that. When I originally blew the engine I had one of his tunes.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
December 2018
Now the real fun began. Over the past 5 months I've been adding tons of parts. A few of these parts were already on the truck from before.
VB
Traction bars
Oil Separator
Shackles

Picked up a used 2.3 whipple in December.

Hangers & Front drop springs
JLP Traction Bars
Punisher Valve Body and 4x4 trans pan
60lb injectors
97 Fuel Rails
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regualtor
255 Walbro pumps
-6an stainless return line
HDC Upgraded fuel pump wiring
2.3 Whipple- 3.375/8lb lower
Whipple intake
SCT BA2600 MAF
MP Big-O Throttle Body
Evap Delete
EGR Delete
NGK TR7 .030 Gap
LFP tri-y headers with a bassani catback
JLT Oil Separator
Fluidlyne Heat Exchanger
JCC Intercooler tank

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Recently installed these new to me headers. My old pacesetters were looking horrible. And I got these headers with a bassani cat back for a decent price. Couldn't say no. Plus I needed the flowmatsers gone as they're too restrictive.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Waited about 3 months for the JC intercooler tank to be made and shipped to me. Amazing build quality. I think my own personal complaint on it would be the lid gets very tight. Added the Fluidlyne Heat Exchanger too.

Been cleaning up a lot of the wiring. Loving how clean the eninge bay it looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Currently debating getting 22" OEM reps or 17" Darkstars all around. Truck will be making just over 600 so traction will be an issue. Leaning more towards darkstars with my 2/4 drop and a fat sidewall they may look decent.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here’s my Harley with dark stars 17x7s in the front and 15x10s in the back. I feel like the 17s in the back don’t have enough sidewall. That’s why I went with the 15s.
What size tires do you have on the rears and fronts? I'm also guessing you had to grind the rear calipers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES! Another build thread. Dang you went through some money FAST!
Well it looks like it haha. Most parts have been sitting in storage for close to a year while I found a cheap whipple. Deep pockets have helped keep it rolling?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Almost forgot! A very important piece to this whole puzzle. My motors insurance provider haha. This will not be installed by me. My tuner will be hopefully in 2 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pulled the trigger and bought a set of Darkstars 17s all around. Would love 15s for the rear but future plans may call for upgraded brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
J&S is awesome. I have one of the early ones on my L over 9 years. Still doing its job. I believe it has saved my motor more than once.:bigtu

1 - 20 of 37 Posts