Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

local painter
Congratulations 馃弫馃弫馃弫馃弫馃弳

I like your avatar!
Do you have another thread on what you had to do to get that GT500 engine to fit? I definitely see some very "massaged" firewall, lol. I can't even fathom how you got the back bolts of the Whipple onto the midplate on the driver side.

Registered
Do you have another thread on what you had to do to get that GT500 engine to fit? I definitely see some very "massaged" firewall, lol. I can't even fathom how you got the back bolts of the Whipple onto the midplate on the driver side.
Its not a gt500 engine, its a 2v with a gt500 adapter plate.

I like your avatar!
Its not a gt500 engine, its a 2v with a gt500 adapter plate.
Oh, my bad, I assumed when I saw the blue valve covers it was a 4v Trinity motor, but on closer inspection I can definitely see the heads aren't big enough to be 3v. So someone help me out here on what block it is if it's a 5.8 aluminum and modular.

Registered
Oh, my bad, I assumed when I saw the blue valve covers it was a 3v Trinity motor, but on closer inspection I can definitely see the heads aren't big enough to be 3v. So someone help me out here on what block it is if it's a 5.8 aluminum and modular.
Block isn鈥檛 much different from what I鈥檝e talked to my builder. 2v heads bolt up to the aluminum block. Modular is very plug and play amongst each other.

2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The massaged firewall is more like a deep tissue and not your aroma therapy.
The 5.8L Trinity block is in the modular family.
You install the back bolt before installing the supercharger, all you have to do is couple turns and it tight. long 10mm wrench.

Registered
The GT500 has those monster 4V heads very noticable difference between the 2V

1 - 20 of 27 Posts