Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting three weeks ago, there's been cruising on Air Depot Boulevard every Sunday night, from about 1730 to about 2300. Been a real kick in the pants too. Lots of nice rides out and about, many I've never seen before. The Police are cool with it, as long as everyone keeps their heads on straight. No street racing, no burnouts. Right. If you don't see a black and white, SCREECH!!

Also, they are cruising 12th Street in Moore. I heard something is also going on in Edmond, but I've no idea where.

I've only seen two other Lightnings besides mine. A red Gen. I and a 2019 Lightning, oddly enough. Big ugly thing with a Ford Racing / Roush M122 on the motor, twin exhaust tips and Gen. II fender badges. It even had a warranty. Guy bought it from the local dealer this way. 680 hp, so don't try racing one in a Gen. II Lightning. LMAO!!

I tried to get some pics last Sunday, but it's hard to get stills of moving vehicles. I parked for awhile, set out a lawn chair and enjoyed the festivities. So did a lot of people. There were people in chairs all along the Boulevard just watching and egging people on to doing burnouts. ;-)

·
Registered
741 Posts
I watched the videos links that you posted looks like a lot of fun. There are some nice looking rides, and street cruising is always fun.

This years Beatersville Bike and Car show in Louisville has gotten moved to June 27th, I'm looking forward to going, they have music, food, bikes and hotrods and cruise around so you sit and watch or walk around.

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beatersville. LOL! Sounds like fun.

My Dad had this story about when he was a kid. There was a cat that lived in his neck of Tennessee. Drove an old beater. Flapping fender rusted out hulk. But he said that was the one vehicle there you didn't want to race. Guy never lost to anyone. Would leave you smelling exhaust fumes, watching the fenders flapping in the wind. Had some kind of setup, likely a spark plug in the tailpipes (vehicles were so rich back then, so that when he passed you, flames were erupting out the pipes. Never look down your nose at a beater!

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a vid from Air Depot Boulevard from May 10th. It's alright except for the stupid rap music. I live on Air Depot, about one mile from the cruise scene locale.

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And another from the first night, May 03.

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the Lightning out there last night. It was wild. I should get a video camera. LMAO!

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had the Lightning out Sunday night, the 24th, from around 1800 to around 2300. Sorry, it was cloudy, overcast and looked like it was going to bust out raining all night. Never did, but not a good picture taking back drop. Lots of nice cars out-and-about, had a blast. Lots of nice comments and thumbs up on my L. Lots of questions as to why it sounds like a jet. LOL!

I live on Air Depot Boulevard, a mile from where the cruise scene is. So if it had rained, I'd have just skedaddled right back home and stuck it in it's garage.

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Spotted at the Cruise Scene on Air Depot Blvd. in Midwest City May 31, 2020.

Beautiful 1970 Plymouth Superbird with 50,537 ,miles on the clock. Guy bought it a year ago for "six figures". Used to be a pizza delivery vehicle. Place had a red, a white and a blue Superbird for special deliveries. 440 six-pack four speed. Beautiful. Has headers, three inch exhaust, and was running some kind of racing gas. I could smell it from a long way off. ;-) God I'd love to have that car! Stupid me has an opportunity to pick one up, orange, in 84. But it wasn't "cool" back then. So I bought a damn Trans Am instead. Fuck me!

Beautiful 68 Chevelle four speed. The woman in the first pic was driving the black Chevelle.

Beautiful Gen.I Lightning, also posted in the Gen.I forum. Guys not a member but said he'd check it out. Truck also has two downturn dump cutouts under neath.

There were many others, including old fashioned big 6-71 blowers, but they wouldn't hold still. Mines louder. LMAO!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts