Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would have made a good bracket racer tonight. Three 12.6 passes. All different traps. Tried a couple different launches. Still cant get the 60ft down. Its not exploding out the whole. Im pretty much am driving it out the whole not launching. Don't know if I'm not mashing the pedal hard enough or need more timing or just need to learn to drive it. Street tune with weather about 80* and 80%hum. Here are the slips:

Attachments

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
you should be hitting alot lower 60' with those tires..i hit that with shitty nitto 555s...good runs tho!!

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Converter? And are those DRs spinning at all?
Converter is supposed to be a 2400. Tires are not spinning. I have a video I can post. Don't laugh too hard cause the launching really looks like I just am not moving at first then it takes off.

·
Administrator
18,754 Posts
Try two techniques. What always worked best for me was to just barely trip the stage beam(shallow stage). Then Stall to about 1100, just enough to have no stumble on accelleration. Mat it from there. If it hooks, it should yield your best ETs.

Second way is to again, shallow stage. Stall up to 1800 or so. Then mat it, or roll into it as fast as the tires will accept if it spins.

If the tires don't spin, and times are still weak, it needs more power down low. Tune issue. But don't forget that power is down in this heat. And you are still on pump gas, right?

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
thats pretty crazy im cutting those on my nitto 404s... 1.8s pretty consistant when i don't spin. Are you actually stall launching or off idle?

I would love to use the little bit of stall I have but need to def get some 390s like yours for sure before i even try any harder....lol, must admit you pulled some serious time in the big end for sure!

·
11 Second Club
15,110 Posts

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More Smoke....:potstirring Looks like you where still in the water box. Idle works great for me
They have track workers that are supposed that direct you :smt102 Looking at it on video I should have rolled forward a bit more.

·
Registered
812 Posts
was that your race tune or street tune?

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
93 Street tune.
your truck is halling ass for the terrible 60fts. 8.0s with a 1.9 60 is good. you get the 60s down and truck is in the mid-high 7s allday in the 1/8th. the tune may need some more timeing down low. in the video it looked like you just rolled into the throttle.

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
your truck is halling ass for the terrible 60fts. 8.0s with a 1.9 60 is good. you get the 60s down and truck is in the mid-high 7s allday in the 1/8th. the tune may need some more timeing down low. in the video it looked like you just rolled into the throttle.
Yeah I think it is a combination of needing more down low to get the MP spinning and my technique needs to improve. This footbrake holding an auto is all new to me trying to launch.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.