Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
That is a must have item for my driveway. Now that they are 4 doors, can a supercharger be far away? I know alot of guys bitch about em and say "take the SVT off of them" but I think it is a seriously badass truck!

·
Registered
134 Posts

Not really I hate those fcking trucks because if it wasnt for that truck we might have a Gen3 by now.
I think you lightning guys would have be severely disappointed with Gen 3 lightnings. The newer body styles weigh an EASY 1000lbs more then a Gen 2 lightning in the same configuration. So all of your mid 12 second trucks would be running mid 13's, your mid 11 second trucks would be running mid 12's, etc. etc.

Ford had a good reason not to bring out a Gen 3 until now... Maybe with these new engine line ups something can be done.

·
Johnny Law
17,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you lightning guys would have be severely disappointed with Gen 3 lightnings. The newer body styles weigh an EASY 1000lbs more then a Gen 2 lightning in the same configuration. So all of your mid 12 second trucks would be running mid 13's, your mid 11 second trucks would be running mid 12's, etc. etc.

Ford had a good reason not to bring out a Gen 3 until now... Maybe with these new engine line ups something can be done.

"What do you mean you Lightning guys"

1 - 20 of 51 Posts