Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to keep this simple and straight forward...Im just trying to get a collective idea of how many 6ers there are.

How many of you run a 6lbs on your stock longblock & eaton?

What (if any) MAF do you run?

Are you running SBTB?

Stock plenum, ported, c&l?

Who is your tuner? Email tune/Dyno?

How much boost/HP does your setup make?

Thanks in advance. Just getting an idea because come spring Ill be ready to get into my own 4 or 6 setup.

·
Gen2 Old Schooler
192 Posts
I want to keep this simple and straight forward...Im just trying to get a collective idea of how many 6ers there are.

How many of you run a 6lbs on your stock longblock & eaton? I do. Lightning upper pulley as it is relevant to the topic

What (if any) MAF do you run? 90mm stocker (not pegged)

Are you running SBTB? yes

Stock plenum, ported, c&l? hand ported and polished C&L

Who is your tuner? Email tune/Dyno? JLP. email. Conservative tune. havent changed it in five years.

How much boost/HP does your setup make?~15psi

Thanks in advance. Just getting an idea because come spring Ill be ready to get into my own 4 or 6 setup.
Answers in bold above.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts

How many of you run a 6lbs on your stock longblock & eaton? 16

What (if any) MAF do you run? 2400 sct

Stock plenum, ported, c&l? ported plenum, c and l elbow, stage five port steggy svo tb

Who is your tuner? Email tune/Dyno? johnny lightning dyno

How much boost/HP does your setup make? 409/489

also something to consider. header drops boost. i lost a full pound from my obx headers

·
Johnny Law
17,766 Posts

How many of you run a 6lbs on your stock longblock & eaton?

1 piece 6 lower, stock upper, motoblue aux bracket with 100mm idlers

What (if any) MAF do you run? Stock maf, elevation is so high here that Im ok with the stock one

Are you running SBTB? ported/polished stocker

Stock plenum, ported, c&l? Stock plenum

Who is your tuner? Email tune/Dyno? Ryan (Rynotune) Sniper software

How much boost/HP does your setup make? 14.5

:bigtu

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
6# Lower
Ported by someone, I have no idea.
SCT BA2400 MAF
stock Idlers
Tuned by [email protected]
Stock TB
Stock Plenum
Stock Block
417/476 SAE

Threw a Rod out the side with that combo :D

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
6# Lower
Ported by someone, I have no idea.
SCT BA2400 MAF
stock Idlers
Tuned by [email protected]
Stock TB
Stock Plenum
Stock Block
417/476 SAE

Threw a Rod out the side with that combo :D
WTF lol ^^^ That isn't at all what im looking to hear man. I know its hard to narrow down sometimes but what would you say cause the rod to up and leave so abruptly?

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,767 Posts
See my sig. Pulled 438/511 on my old 93 octane tune. e85 made a helluva difference.

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
Hell why not an 8lber or do a 6 and a 2.7? Have some options..

Just be aware of the A Holes like me that are out there looking for 6lbers to pick on.. 5-0 right now :p

I've had the privilege of running all 3 (I still have all 3 rings) The jump from the contrary to belief the jump from the 6 to the 8 feels close to the jump from the 4-6 its less noticeable in the sense it feels like the power is spread out farther and torque is ZOMG retarded.. You normally hear that there is no noticeable difference but then again that is from the 6lber peons who have no idea what they are talking about. As long as your tune is on and you pay attention to the truck its every bit as reliable. Its been proven.

Just think about it.. :shitstormretarded

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
How many of you run a 6lbs on your stock longblock & eaton? for 5 years with over 100 1/4 mile pass's and a stock unported Eaton.

What (if any) MAF do you run? Stock 90mm

Are you running SBTB? Wasnt at the time.

Stock plenum, ported, c&l? C&L only.

Who is your tuner? Email tune/Dyno? JDM Dyno tune 435rwhp 445rwtq.

How much boost/HP does your setup make? 16psi and went 12.3 @109mph in the 1/4 mile.

Im running a completly different set up now, but still on my stock long block!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
How many of you run a 6lbs on your stock longblock & eaton? I ran a 6lb lower, 2.7 upper on a ported Eaton

What (if any) MAF do you run? Stock 90mm with mafia

Stock plenum, ported, c&l? C&L

Who is your tuner? Email tune/Dyno? JLP mail

How much boost/HP does your setup make? 17psi. No idea about HP. Truck was never on a dyno. Ran 12.00 @114 though so it had to make decent power because it was none to light.

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
WTF... You just gave up with a 12 flat??

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.