Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low for a brake kit for our trucks and FINALLY found this TCE Kit. Has anyone installed one, says you have to use the supplied spacer and are very tight on 18" wheels. ANYONE INSTALLED THIS? ANY ISSUES?

FRONT KITS- 2G TRUCKS
Call today to place your order or for more info! 480-967-7901
Plus 1: The 14" Front Kit

Wilwood Aero6 differential bore calipers (6 piston calipers)
Choice of BLACK or RED powder coat finish
TCE spec radial mounting brackets
14" x 1.25" directional cast rotors
Gas slotted
TCE spec billet aluminum rotor hats
Custom hubs with M14 studs
New bearings and seals
Wilwood BP20 pads
Stainless steel hose kit
All required hardware
Optional cross drilled rotor finish- ADD $150
Optional .125" wheel spacers- ADD $20
Application: Building upon our success with the older 13" front kits: Today TCE takes it to a whole new level. Now offering the full 14" Aero6 kit -- which is the most ideal kit we can produce. Massive caliper sizing and 'full size' rotors assure buyers of repeated and sure footed stopping power....time and time again.

Fit: Stock and 18" or larger wheels. Stock '99 wheels require use of optional .125" wheel spacer plate.

Notes: Our most ideal kit for open track use where pad options, and durability are a top priority. Sold only in M14 Stud configuration.

·
AntiSocial
00 Lightning, 17 X3 35i, 18 Equinox LT 2.0T, 21 M550i -July production
757 Posts
THere are multiple kits out there. Baer makes a 6 piston, Brembo makes a 4 pot and an 8 pot. There may be others.

·
11 second street truck
10,324 Posts
What 8 pot does brembo make for these?

The Baer kit is like 3400
The brembos are 4 piston and 4300

Tons of guys have the tce kit. You'll only find good reviews. I'm ordering the 15" kit soon.

·
AntiSocial
00 Lightning, 17 X3 35i, 18 Equinox LT 2.0T, 21 M550i -July production
757 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,324 Posts
I don't feel the additional 2 pistons is worth the 2200 in cost over the tce 15" 6 pot kit

Lethal sells it too

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,539 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I had talked to Todd previously about his 15 inch kit fitting 18 inch wheels as long as the backspacing was correct. I don't remember what that number was but this would lead me to believe his 14 inch kit will also fit 18's

·
11 second street truck
10,324 Posts
I had talked to Todd previously about his 15 inch kit fitting 18 inch wheels as long as the backspacing was correct. I don't remember what that number was but this would lead me to believe his 14 inch kit will also fit 18's
They fit. His website says they do

·
I like your avatar!
662 Posts
I have the 15" TCE kit and it's outstanding - in fact, I was the very first Lightning owner to buy and install his 15" kit. Todd knows his stuff and is awesome to work with. I think for the 14" kit, you will at most have to cut back the studs a little bit on your ball joints to fit on 18" rims. I had to do that on the 15" kit because I had step-lip 20" rims (basically a 18.5 - 19" barrel). Other than that slight adjustment, I had ZERO issues with my kit and it's all high-end stuff. I loved the 2-piece rotors.

·
11 second street truck
10,324 Posts
I have the 15" TCE kit and it's outstanding - in fact, I was the very first Lightning owner to buy and install his 15" kit. Todd knows his stuff and is awesome to work with. I think for the 14" kit, you will at most have to cut back the studs a little bit on your ball joints to fit on 18" rims. I had to do that on the 15" kit because I had step-lip 20" rims (basically a 18.5 - 19" barrel). Other than that slight adjustment, I had ZERO issues with my kit and it's all high-end stuff. I loved the 2-piece rotors.
I'm pretty excited to get mine. I'm working some ot right now to get a set

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
I have the TCE 14" fronts as well and it's a great kit, it'll work fine with 18's. What I liked about it was that I could upgrade to 15" rotors easily if I ever wanted to. Going any bigger is a different kit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Will the Aerospace fronts work with 17” wheels? What options are there for 17” fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
11 second street truck
10,324 Posts
If you run stock brakes you can run 17s.
Aerospace will absolutely fit with 17s

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you run stock brakes you can run 17s.
Aerospace will absolutely fit with 17s
Thanks. I’m running the stock with 17” racestars. I wasn’t sure if aerospace would be the only option with the 17” fronts. I knew they worked with the 15” rears with a little help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have searched high and low for a brake kit for our trucks and FINALLY found this TCE Kit. Has anyone installed one, says you have to use the supplied spacer and are very tight on 18" wheels. ANYONE INSTALLED THIS? ANY ISSUES?

FRONT KITS- 2G TRUCKS
Call today to place your order or for more info! 480-967-7901
Plus 1: The 14" Front Kit

Wilwood Aero6 differential bore calipers (6 piston calipers)
Choice of BLACK or RED powder coat finish
TCE spec radial mounting brackets
14" x 1.25" directional cast rotors
Gas slotted
TCE spec billet aluminum rotor hats
Custom hubs with M14 studs
New bearings and seals
Wilwood BP20 pads
Stainless steel hose kit
All required hardware
Optional cross drilled rotor finish- ADD $150
Optional .125" wheel spacers- ADD $20
Application: Building upon our success with the older 13" front kits: Today TCE takes it to a whole new level. Now offering the full 14" Aero6 kit -- which is the most ideal kit we can produce. Massive caliper sizing and 'full size' rotors assure buyers of repeated and sure footed stopping power....time and time again.

Fit: Stock and 18" or larger wheels. Stock '99 wheels require use of optional .125" wheel spacer plate.

Notes: Our most ideal kit for open track use where pad options, and durability are a top priority. Sold only in M14 Stud configuration.
Hello All,

This is my first post on the forum as a proud 2000 Lightning owner. After 1,000 miles I love everything about the truck other than the brakes. Based on the recommendations in this post I reached out to Todd at TCE:

Hello Todd,

I am the new & proud owner of a mint 2000 SVT Lightning with 8,000 miles on it. I am Luvving everything about the car other than the brakes. People say good thinks about yourself, your company and the TCE kit for the 2000 Lightning. Some questions:

• What are the exact wheel specs needed to clear your 15” front kit and 13” rear kit? I am on the stock 18s from the pictures, but am considering an upgrade.
  • Can I have the calipers powder coated or painted Yellow?
  • Do you recommend a brake booster upgrade with the 15”/13” setup?
  • What pads do you recommend for aggressive street driving (won’t be tracked).
  • Do you have a shop in the North Los Angeles County area (North Valley, Santa Clarita, Palmdale) that you can recommend for the installation?
  • Anything else I need to pay attention too in order to make sure I end up with OEM reliability?

Thank you for your time! I look forward to hearing back.

----------

I am seriously in the market for a big brake upgrade and if I need 19" to clear I have my eyes on custom Rotiforms. PLEASE let me know any specifics I am missing and provide any recommendations you find relevant. Thank you for opening this up jworason01 - it was the first post I found relevant to the topic. ;)

-eric

1 - 18 of 18 Posts