Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Simple Ken...Eatons are a snap...KBs suck LOL

nice plastic wedge is your friend...

take the bolts off that hold the snout to the case
use wedge and rubber mallet if need be to separate the snout from the rotor pack....(look out for the oil if you didnt drain it through the fill hole)
use the wedge and mallet to separate the rotor pack from the sc case
slide the rotor pack out and your all done

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
+1 what Stew said..Its easy, I used a rubber hammer and a piece of wood to break the snout from the case. Comes out easily.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
id drain it too, makes a mess

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
IIRC it can only go back in one way just be careful sliding the rotors back in, I made a sharpie mark anyways on one of the bolt holes to make sure i aligned it correctly, force of habit for me. when I seperated the snout from the rotors, I used a bead of sealant just to ensure no oil leak from the snout when I put it back together.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
sounds like your over thinking it like i did

its far from a precision piece of equipment lol

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Awesome thanks for the info. How about putting it back together ,does the housing need to be clocked or set up some way for the rotors to be in line?
as said just slide them back in gently...and use some anaerobic gasket sealer between the rotor pack and sc case and then between the snout and rotor pack. tq to 15ft lbs

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
IIRC it can only go back in one way just be careful sliding the rotors back in, I made a sharpie mark anyways on one of the bolt holes to make sure i aligned it correctly, force of habit for me. when I seperated the snout from the rotors, I used a bead of sealant just to ensure no oil leak from the snout when I put it back together.
I've seen the snouts on the wrong side before.... ask oki

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Oh that makes me feel alot better. Reason i am asking is I am going to strip the rotors because the teflon coating is starting to flake off.
just gimme a holller if ya need some help:bigtu

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
put it in the same way you took it out

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
There are hollow dowels to make sure you put it back together correctly. I tell people all the time on the phone (when trying to save them $50) that you could literally hand the blower to a 6th grader in pieces and they would put it back together correctly. You'll be perfectly fine.

We use 21-23ft lbs on the snout bolts also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I have it all apart. Going to clean the teflon coating off the rotors. What is the best way to clean the coating off between the end of the rotors and the front case cap without pulling the gears off?

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
aircraft stripper and a artist brush will work

1 - 18 of 18 Posts