Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a tailgate spoiler. Any recommendations on what you have? I'm guessing the cervinis one is the one to go with, but looking for feedback

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
I don't know of any other than the Cervinnis.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looking to get a tailgate spoiler. Any recommendations on what you have? I'm guessing the cervinis one is the one to go with, but looking for feedback
I can't help you on where to get one. I have an old spoiler made for the front of something from the 60's or 70's. It fits perfect had looks sweet. Trying to figure out how to make it removeable. I think I may attach it to a pair of fairly robust plates and lock the plates in plate with small c-clamps. My wife thinks it looks Ghetto.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can't help you on where to get one. I have an old spoiler made for the front of something from the 60's or 70's. It fits perfect had looks sweet. Trying to figure out how to make it removeable. I think I may attach it to a pair of fairly robust plates and lock the plates in plate with small c-clamps. My wife thinks it looks Ghetto.
Pics???

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
10,148 Posts
So ask her what's wrong with ghetto! ;-)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hers a pic of the spoiler I have I would need to section it for fitment and to take out the midline rise. and of course it would need painted. If i did use it i would position it about 1.5 inches further toward the rear. Now that I look at it, it might be toooo ghetto only time and back pain will tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
No issues with opening and closing the tailgate?
If installed as I want it would be attached to the side rails and the tailgate would simply open past it. That, however is why it would need to be removable. After seeing some of the slick new units availible I don't think I'll be pursuing this ill conceived plan. my wife's right it looks "Ghetto"

·
10,148 Posts
I wasn't going to say anything. But yep, pretty fugly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’ve been wanting one also, or try looking and waiting for an oem bed cover. Just keep seeing that they are hard to come by

·
10,148 Posts
My Mustang is a Cervinnis tribute car. LMAO!. Lots of great parts and the quality is excellent. Only thing is, sometimes it's a long wait getting them after you order them. Anyhow, the front spoiler, upper and lower side scoops and the classic hood locks are all Cervinnis. That front spoiler is low and I've hit it a time or three, even being careful. Hasn't broken or even scratched as of yet.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts