Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had an issue with the use of these instaed of the 9145 in your foglights. I have heard of people having wiring melt down, if this is a real threat I want to remove them and put the stock bulbs back in.

Thanks for your help in advance.

The New Guy

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
the only problem i have had with them is bursting when they get wet from the fog lights leaking. the stock ones had the same problem. it has happened once with the stock bulbs, and twice with the 9005s, but i have had the 9005s in for a lot longer time.. i haven't had any problem that was unique to that size of bulb while using them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys ,

Just heard that rumor and got a lil freaked out.

And Yes I can see the road a whole lot better than befroe the silverstars.

Randy
2002 silver lightning build#3231

·
Registered
2 Posts
There have been posts on a couple of sites asking about wire overheating with the 9005s but I haven't seen anyone thats had the problem. Anyone know if this is a real problem or a one time one truck issue???????

·
Registered
87 Posts
So you guys actually use yours most of the time at night?

After having cracking probs on my 99 I sort of gave up on them as bad design.

Now on my 04 with the little SVT sig on the light reflector I am not willing to loose them and the only thing they seem to do is light up the sides a bit anyway. They don't really extend the feild of view out front.

Kinda lame to pay for them and have them and not use them. I have often thought about just doing away with the whole front bumber and air dam and install a standard chrome F150 bumper. Just save the stock one for summer use.

I also like the idea of having a sleeper when I run my winter wheels and tires.
You folks in the east get salt. Over here they see a chance for snow and start dumping sand on the roads and it stays long after the snow is gone.
I Hate Winter, I should move south but the summers here are long and the mountain twisties are fun durring the summer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sonic blue l said:
do they actually show the road better at night like they claim?
Yep, they're MUCH brighter and whiter than the stock bulbs. I find myself using them more as a driving lamp as opposed to a fog light because they illuminate the road so well (in addition to my Silver Star headlights).

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.