Lightning Rodder banner

SVTOA

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SlowSVT95 
#1 ·
I have only had my 04 L for three months now but I am sure impressed the way they treat original owners.
I keep getting stuff in the mail and not just junk.
I have gotten a Black Ford SVT racing hat, SVT lapel pin, SVT key chain, decals bumper stickers, magazines etc.

Are the rest of you guys getting this stuf?
It all seems to be based on this membership to the SVTOA charter membership.

I haven't really joined it yet but was thinking of doing it just so the stuff will keep coming.

Are any of you members? I think I will sign up. I can't get enough of this L anyway. :shock:
I will lay some of it out and try and take a pic. later

#3 ·
I did get a Hat, Pin + Chain I believe when I bought mine,
and yes free Mag's for the 1st yr.
I DID NOT sign up the 2nd yr because I found the Mag to be 90% mustang,
and only an ocassional L article.
IS IT STILL THAT WAY ????

BTW
(where the hell is that stuff now that I think about it) :smt102

YA WE WANT PICTURES G

AND WHERE'S YOUR SIG ??? hehehehehe

#5 ·
All the perks, they spare no expense when they throw in the leaky intercooler, bad head design (spark plugs), foglights, and now the new and improved heater hose leak into the cab! :smt038

The magazine does pretty much suck, I let my membership lapse too. Even for SVT no Lightnings really. We are the bastards of the bunch that is for sure. I still go on local cruises with my chapter of the SVTOA...I am the only Lightning, but it is still cool. They love the truck and they are a good bunch of people.

Their forum for one is pretty much crap...The Lightning section has no real good information. I started out there before discovering NLOC and from then on...erased the link in my favorites.

Best part of the package is the SVTOA keychain and the certificate for the truck...

As far as great to deal with, that depends on how the truck is running...good dealers are good to their customers, SVT doesn't necessarily factor into that. If your dealer is good, keep going there.

Enjoy the truck, they are a LOT of fun.

Charlie

#7 ·
Gee whiz Leeann I thought my dealer was treating me special.
What's up with the charter membership? Sounds like this thing has been around a long time for charterdom.

Prolly first gen owner charter so you Qualify :D

Are you planing on joining?

One thing I noticed is there realy isn't anything specific to Lightning. Just SVT in general and all that Team Ford Racing stuff.
I am going to look for a E-mail address to bug them about that.

Did you have any trouble getting the stuff done on your first warranty service? Didn't you have turn signal problem or something?

We need to start our own club.

Our Logo could be a oversized supercharged V-8 with a smoking tire behind it and the words "Lightning Rodder" under it.
What do you think........?

G
#9 ·
EZGZ said:
Gee whiz Leeann I thought my dealer was treating me special.
What's up with the charter membership? Sounds like this thing has been around a long time for charterdom.

Prolly first gen owner charter so you Qualify :D

Are you planing on joining?

One thing I noticed is there realy isn't anything specific to Lightning. Just SVT in general and all that Team Ford Racing stuff.
I am going to look for a E-mail address to bug them about that.

Did you have any trouble getting the stuff done on your first warranty service? Didn't you have turn signal problem or something?

We need to start our own club.

Our Logo could be a oversized supercharged V-8 with a smoking tire behind it and the words "Lightning Rodder" under it.
What do you think........?
You get the first year for free I think... So I have until like next July to decide if I'm joining or not. :smt069
I didn't have any problem with the warranty... I had the clunk (which is fixed for now), my hood wasn't lined up right (it's fixed, but I'm getting a cowl hood anyway), my tonneau cover leaked (fixed), and I had mysterious bubbles in my clearcoat near one of the sidesteps that appeared out of nowhere. They fixed that... although I'm not completely happy with their job of painting. :roll: Other than that, all is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.