Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say the SVT Lightning is my favorite truck. At the time when I had my 1st Lightning I was 14. That truck was definitely bought on daddy’s money lol. Sold the truck cause I wanted something better and faster. I found a built terminator making 620RWHP I was 17 got bored of that thing and tired of putting alternators in the car sold it bought a 14 GT500 built it and blew it up a few times still got that. Bought some new pickup trucks and was never happy with the quality on a $65,000 truck. I got another Lightning and I’m the happiest guy alive 2004 Oxford white with 19K miles. Truck smells like brand new still. Happy to be apart of the Lightning community again.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,992 Posts
I'm on my second White Lightning, like the OPs, a 2004. First was a 2000. Yup, greatest truck ever. I've always loved the appearance of them. And to think, back in 2000, I didn't know about them until I stumbled on one of those die-cast metal models at a Costco in CA. Went home, browsed it, found out it was real, had one n July 2000.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,276 Posts
Welcome back!!! Damm thats some low mileage!!! Good find.

im on my 2nd L and its not going anywhere!!! lol...

at 17 i had a 77 Cougar w/ a BBF, and fat n littles.... im on my 4th cougar now, guess you say i like cougars....lol

Reactions: cbxer55

·
10,992 Posts
Oh, my 2004 Lightning is about to turn 72,000. Next time it meanders out of it's garage, it'll be there.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm on my second White Lightning, like the OPs, a 2004. First was a 2000. Yup, greatest truck ever. I've always loved the appearance of them. And to think, back in 2000, I didn't know about them until I stumbled on one of those die-cast metal models at a Costco in CA. Went home, browsed it, found out it was real, had one n July 2000.
Sir,
It was a few years before I knew about them as well. My 2000 XLT was my sister's and when she died from COP in '09, Mom and Dad gave it to me. Wouldn't trade it for a brand new Corvette !

Keith

·
10,992 Posts
Sir,
It was a few years before I knew about them as well. My 2000 XLT was my sister's and when she died from COP in '09, Mom and Dad gave it to me. Wouldn't trade it for a brand new Corvette !

Keith
Few years? I learned about them in early 2000 and had a 2000 model in July 2000. Birthday present to myself. Had to trade it for my daily driver 98 Ranger in r2002, since I lost my job due to 09/11. It had around 34,000 when I traded it. When I bought my 2004 in late 2009, it also had around 34,000 miles. Seemed made in heaven.

·
10,992 Posts

·
10,992 Posts
The Lightning might be one of the best looking but technologically it's a dinosaur compared to the more modern trucks...
Maybe so. But I lie dinosaurs. You can keep that STUPID new electric "lightning" Ford is offering up to any SAP that will buy it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Going to put my lower grill back in this afternoon and go for a cruise. Took it out to polish, previous owner never did it.
After not owning one for 17 years I am so happy to be back in the seat. Even if it has 22" rims and feels like a tank with those weights. Looking to get the 20" staggered set from LMR when they come back in stock. I love this truck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Lightning stands out from all other trucks, Bought the Bad Boy in 99 new and still drive him.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ever?

Ever is a long time, post war trucks were/are pretty cool. Early 70s Chevy trucks are pretty cool.

I bought my 17 year old a 2000 2 years ago. I like it, he likes it, it’s a cool old, heavy, loud stinky truck!

recently I bought an old Lexus LS400 to give to my youngest kid after we put some personalized touches on it. My 17 YO, that owns a Lightning, drives the Lexus every chance he gets, he thinks he has two cars.

·
10,992 Posts
Wow, this thread has brought some people with very low post counts out of the woodwork. ;-)

·
Tipton Co. Garbage Truck
1,529 Posts
lightning is the best looking truck ever made but my 2016 coyote f150 will run circles around a slightly modded lightning. if i put a blower or turbo on it forget about it. and unlike a lightning you can actually work on the coyote without pulling the cab off or threatening to push it off a cliff if you have to do anything engine wise to it. main reason i got rid of mine.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
lightning is the best looking truck ever made but my 2016 coyote f150 will run circles around a slightly modded lightning. if i put a blower or turbo on it forget about it. and unlike a lightning you can actually work on the coyote without pulling the cab off or threatening to push it off a cliff if you have to do anything engine wise to it. main reason i got rid of mine.
4valve power !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts