Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planning on a SD cooler with my new tranny and am not spending the money for AN stuff. I did some measuring and want to verify a few things.
1. 3/8" hard line?
2. Double flare?
3. In line filter?
4. Bypass the stock cooler?

If anyone else that's done this, let me know if anything surprised you or if you have a parts list.
I'll try to put together a how-to when I install this next month. I know there's one for AN parts, but this should be a bit less money.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
We used brass fittings and high temp, high pressure "soft" lines from Advance instead of the an fittings. I saw no reason to hard pipe. The brass fittings sealed better to the flares on the SD unit also. Total install parts was under $20...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We used brass fittings and high temp, high pressure "soft" lines from Advance instead of the an fittings. I saw no reason to hard pipe. The brass fittings sealed better to the flares on the SD unit also. Total install parts was under $20...
After thinking about it a bit more, I'll probably use soft line as well. It is easier to bend.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
After thinking about it a bit more, I'll probably use soft line as well. It is easier to bend.
Plus you don't have to buy $100+ worth of ugly Ass an fittings... :shitstormretarded

I bypassed my radiator and left my factory cooler in line BTW... My temps dropped 40-60*...

·
Delvallo
2,229 Posts
Plus you don't have to buy $100+ worth of ugly Ass an fittings... :shitstormretarded

I bypassed my radiator and left my factory cooler in line BTW... My temps dropped 40-60*...
By bypassing the radiator u dropped 40-60 degrees??? Since I live in new England people have posted it's not good to bypass the radiator, but I only drive it in summer months you u recommend me bypassing the radiator?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think I will leave my lines running through the radiator, as bad as it is to run too hot, I believe it is not too good to run too cold either. the radiator really only help to preheat the tranny anyway from what I understand.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
By bypassing the radiator u dropped 40-60 degrees??? Since I live in new England people have posted it's not good to bypass the radiator, but I only drive it in summer months you u recommend me bypassing the radiator?
Drove yesterday troubleshooting my coolant issues in 94* temps...I never saw over 160* on the tranny temp gauge. I bypassed mine to rule other issues out...and that's what my builder recommended.
I mean I'll likely use the proper diameter brake line & make my own flares. The AN fittings are priced out of sight, I don't really get it, they're not that special.
I don't get the prices either...We had already purchased the AN fittings...which were returned as soon as we checked the fit of the brass pieces. 04SVT hooked all the flares up with his nifty hydraulic flare tool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.