Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I finally was able to login to the site. I had problems for a while. For those who don't remember, I have a 94 Lightning, and I am going to start building a Lightning based 1956 big window pickup sometime this year. This is why I am posting in the gen 2 category. I bought a complete engine/trans combo with wiring and everything from a wrecked 2003 lightning. Some questions I have. Does the truck come from the factory with any anti theft tied into the PCM? Also could someone recommend a brand of long tube headers for the 5.4? I'm looking for just plain steel as they may have to be modified. Right now I'm still finalizing my plans for the truck and any comments would be appreciated. I'll start checking in and updating as I go. Pretty much anything that gets done to a gen 2 is a possibility on this project.

Thanks,

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thats gonna be a Cool project you have there, sorry I cant help much on your questions though, but I am sure someone will know  [smilie=ughug.gif]

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hello,

Even a stock drivetrain is gonna put out a lot of torque. Might wanna think about the driveshaft and rearend.

Rich

·
Registered
367 Posts
dragonfly94 said:
Hey,

I finally was able to login to the site.  I had problems for a while.  For those who don't remember, I have a 94 Lightning, and I am going to start building a Lightning based 1956 big window pickup sometime this year.  This is why I am posting in the gen 2 category.  I bought a complete engine/trans combo with wiring and everything from a wrecked 2003 lightning.  Some questions I have.  Does the truck come from the factory with any anti theft tied into the PCM?  Also could someone recommend a brand of long tube headers for the 5.4?  I'm looking for just plain steel as they may have to be modified.  Right now I'm still finalizing my plans for the truck and any comments would be appreciated.  I'll start checking in and updating as I go.  Pretty much anything that gets done to a gen 2 is a possibility on this project.

Thanks,
To answer the PCM Anti-theft wuestion (don't ask how I know this) the Anit-theft is tied in the PCM and through the instrument cluster. You will need both to have the Anit- Theft not activated or find someone that can override the codes in the PCM.

I would recommend the Kooks headers for our trucks I have a buddy that is running low elevens and high 10 and he loves his.

If you are starting from the gound up i would go with a set of 255's for fuel pumps that way you will not have to upgrade them later on down the road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is pretty much ground up. I plan to box the frame completely. As for the rear end I have a 95 T-bird (independent disc brake) that I am debating on running. It is an 8.8. If this isn't enough I have a 9" with disc brakes. I plan on positraction, but the gear ratio is still a question. I got the streettrucks mag today and they had an article about putting one of these engines into a 56. It said about the PCM, but they sent it out to Mena AR for the reprogramming. I haven't had any luck using anything from those guys. The driveshaft will be a custom piece. I can probably get one made for a couple of hundred, that's about what the last one cost. Thanks for the information. Keep it coming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts