Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has subs behind their seat. Pictures if you can. I put my skars and box behind the seat and I’m sitting on the steering wheel so I need to go another route. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Prolly gonna have to find a low profile box, or just make a custom box or find someone selling the old thunderform box (doesn't look like they make them anymore).

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,598 Posts
Prolly gonna have to find a low profile box, or just make a custom box or find someone selling the old thunderform box (doesn't look like they make them anymore).
x2!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2003 Lightning
64 Posts
If you are not up for building one yourself, check out MBEnclosures on YouTube. He can build you a no-frills box based on the subs you decide to run. He has built a few recently for 97-03 single cabs. I believe he is out of Atlanta.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,598 Posts
Can you provide more pics of the box and the box in the truck thanks.
considering it ain’t his, maybe you should ask the seller for those...

Reactions: dannyrok

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd love to find plans/dimensions so I could build my own. I'm running a pioneer Nex head unit, but the head unit alone just doesn't have the punch my Kenwood/Shaker 500 combo has in my Mustang. I've got a Pioneer Amp now, waiting for install. I'd really like to run a pair of subs but still be able to move the seats. Darn near every box I see if for under seat applications in crew cabs. It's hard to even find a standard cab truck anymore. I really hoped that new electric Lightning would build a homage truck dedicated to ours, but no dice. It's like the pickup truck has replaced the station wagon. lol.

I wonder if I did build a prototype if there would be a market to sell?
I've always thought that premade sub boxes were overpriced, but with lumber costs lately, maybe not so much.

007. :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you are not up for building one yourself, check out MBEnclosures on YouTube. He can build you a no-frills box based on the subs you decide to run. He has built a few recently for 97-03 single cabs. I believe he is out of Atlanta.
Gonna check that out. Thanks

·
Registered
2003 Lightning
64 Posts
Here are a couple of examples that I found on here a while back and bookmarked.

Sub Enclosure 1.jpg Sub Enclosure 3.png

·
regular joe
1,514 Posts
If you do get one made, be sure there is a cut out in between your seats so the cup holder/armrest can move up freely without having to move your seat forward.

I have a single 8" sub withh 500w going to it. Its perfect in the L

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the truck with two 12" pioneers in what looks to be an off the shelf wedge boxes. They cut into the plastic sides of the trim to make them fit. Probably going to make a custom box to help get them some more cubic feet of airspace. They are sealed boxes and probably the minimum air space required.

Actually it would make more sense to go with two 10"s with 600 RMS to each and have the same size boxes, probably sound better too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts