Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting around to sound in my HD and just installed Polk Mobile Monitors in the doors. Head unit will be an 800BT Pioneer DD.
I really don't want (can't afford) the stealth box - anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Do it yourself man! I introduce to you, the "HD4mula" box

Build this box, and remove inner tub of the rear console, and it'll slip over the box. Will for 1 - 12" downfiring sub. Make sure you get one for a sealed box, for about 1 cu ft of space. Im using a Alpine type-R.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that's too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
You dont....the Stealth box is pricey and you wont find a new one for under 400 bucks....

The Lincoln Blackwood box is pricey and too small for a decent sub...

THe box pictured here you can build yourself and that will be the cheapest route

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm probably going to add a sub pretty soon and looks like console is the best option... you guys think this would work? only thing needed if it fits is part where the hinge attaches...

The amp that I'm using is an mtx rt2200

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
box is the same dimensions as the picture in post #2 by sonic. except the top piece is 1/2" plexi instead of 3/4" mdf

your link doesnt work so i have no idea what sub your talking about. mine is an S10L7 from like 2005 probably. powered by a kx600.1

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
well that one comes with a box. so no need for that one if you're building one to fit properly in the space allowed.
and for $98 shipped with a box i cant imagine it to be a new speaker. it looks like the lower end S7 square sub from 10 years ago.
looking on kicker.com the square 10L7 is $300 each. i remember paying somewhere around that also.

http://www.kicker.com/Solo_Baric_L7

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was hoping to not have to build a box if the one in the link would work, I think it will based on the dimensions... I'm going to email the guy to see if the sub is new or used...

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
well it is smaller then the box some of us have made. so thats good.
you may be able to get it to fit with some craftsmanship. but it wont be easy.

that one is 12x12x12 the one you build yourslef is basically 12x12x17

·
Registered
52 Posts
cool... I'm going to probably order it, I think I could make it work... have to wait til after the holidays, so it will probably be in a few week, I'll update when I do... one more question... does it make your console lid rattle much? looks like it would...

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
The latch helps. I also wrapped the inside of the console with dynamat. Oh, and some black 1/4" sticky foam around the top of the console tub. It smashes down when the lid latches keeping it tight.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts