·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
Then a tr6 is fine. Tightening the gap .030-.032 wouldn't hurt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A stock truck should have a tr5 and a .044 gap. A 6lb truck is a tr6 and a .034 gap. Beyond that it's up to the tuner. Gap gets tighter with boost.
I ended up putting in TR6s. I havent been on here in a few days to see the responses. Works been hell. However, the gap was adjusted and WOT is perfect. No stuttering or misfires. A COP wiring harnesses had a broken tab so it wasnt getting a good connection so a little dab of glue and shoving it in there seemed to keep it on. Im not sure which was the issue, the plugs or COP or both.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got a call from the shop. I did not have them do a full run trough and tear it all down but he said he noticed the power kind of fall off up top on the big end after inspecting the truck everything seemed fine other then when they pulled the plugs they think it might be a spark issue. They were TR6s gapped at .36 he said to try gapping them between 28-30 and that will help and he also recommended swap to a BR6 or BR7 but I do not know if he is right or completely wrong so please someone with more spark plug experience feel free to help us out
Im no expert on this. These guys here definitely have a better idea on it and so far theyve been 100% every time. That being said, today I swapped mine out for TR6s and when the gap was at .36 it had a sputter in it up top. When it was brought down to .032 I believe it was, it corrected itself. Aside from that a COP had a bad connection and with both that and the plugs being resolved all seems to be well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts