Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Johnny Law
17,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving in the L a while back some guy pulls up next to me at the light and says..........

Guy: nice truck, you might wanna get it checked out soon because everytime you hit the gas something is squeaking/whining, might be a bearing or something.
Me: Oh sh!t, really? Tell me if it does it again (I mash the pedal then slow down so guy could catch up)
Guy: Yup, might even be your front differential
Me: Crap, thanks for the heads up.

[smilie=om

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
there's a guy on F-150online who posted up a couple days ago about how after his custom exhaust his new Lightning has true dual exhaust... :laughing25

and appearantly my green truck is a Lightning and so is my Harley truck according to another guy :laughing25

appearantly the fact that they are both supercharged makes them "Lightnings" :laughing25

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
[smilie=omit was probably a hole in the head light that was making that whinning noise :laughing25

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
I love starting the green truck in auto parts stores parking lots and lifting the hood :laughing25

"is it supposed to sounds like that"
"is it turbo charged?"
"your belt is slipping"
"your alternator is going out, you need a new one"
"did you make that kit yourself?"
"I can tell your truck has dual exhaust, it makes black smoke on both sides when you take off"

:laughing25

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Driving in the L a while back some guy pulls up next to me at the light and says..........

Guy: nice truck, you might wanna get it checked out soon because everytime you hit the gas something is squeaking/whining, might be a bearing or something.
Me: Oh sh!t, really? Tell me if it does it again (I mash the pedal then slow down so guy could catch up)

[smilie=om[/QUOTE]

reminds me of my dad who test drove my truck for me (bought it from his city not around me)

hes old school like big blocks so doesnt know about a modular motor s/c and so when he was driving it i was on the phone and he calls and hes like "I dont know Alex, something seems wrong... Under the slightest acceleration, like getting on the highway, it makes a huge whine noise. Just doesnt sound right. Like Belt slip or Pulley Bearings..."

Me: "I WANT THAT! NOW! ITS SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE THAT"

And the next weekend (Xmas day 08') I bought my L!
:rockon_ford

·
Texas>Florida
3,055 Posts

[smilie=om[/QUOTE]
There some people over where i stay that dont even know what a Lightning is...

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I love starting the green truck in auto parts stores parking lots and lifting the hood :laughing25

"is it supposed to sounds like that"
"is it turbo charged?"
"your belt is slipping"
"your alternator is going out, you need a new one"
"did you make that kit yourself?"
"I can tell your truck has dual exhaust, it makes black smoke on both sides when you take off"

[smilie=om

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
I was at the track and this dakota owner says " I love running lightnings I would run you but you are on slicks" I get that all the time...

Also " I never lost to a lightning"

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
I was at the track and this dakota owner says " I love running lightnings I would run you but you are on slicks" I get that all the time...

Also " I never lost to a lightning"

·
I'm kind of a Big Deal
3,025 Posts
"Your truck sure is PRETTY!"

Don't you dare call my truck pretty! I will run your homo ass over.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
About this Discussion
157 Replies
57 Participants
AlexDSVT
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing