Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
But your mom likes it!
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need to change my lower pulley from the 4lb to the 6lb. i cant seem to get the allen head bolt loose tho on the quick change hub. what is this converter tool that your supposed to use and where do you put it in?:shitstormretarded

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
it is a metal strap (like) item that you bolt to one of the converter bolts. This keeps the flywheel from turning when you put the get down on the pulley

Try using a long close end wrench on one of the bolts.......Should keep it from turning just like strap

·
7th Fetzer valve, yeah...
2,143 Posts
Some people have luck putting a wrench on the torque converter bolt, then turning the motor over until that wrench catches/locks on a inspection cover bolt (threaded about half way in).

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Great pics!!!!!

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
Just use a box wrench (I want to say its 14mm but it might be 15mm) Take your inspection cover off then thread one of the bolts back in. Put your box wrench on a converter nut and turn the motor (by hand!) until the wrench rests against the bolt that is screwed in part way and start cranking away on your allen bolts. The wrench resting against the bolt will keep the motor from turning. There is a pic in this how to http://www.rpmoutlet.com/asp54blowerinstruction.htm its about the 7th pic down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
sams99lightning
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing