Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good way to get a stuck CD out of the stock six CD changer? I can see the edge of it a couple of inches back into the slot. The slot is too narrow for needle nose pliers and the CD is too far back in there for tweezers. It whirs and clicks trying to load it for a few seconds every time I start the truck and says CD ERROR when I press the load or eject buttons.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Happened to me once with a homemade copy, slapped the top of the dash a few times and it popped out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happened to me once with a homemade copy, slapped the top of the dash a few times and it popped out.
Good tip! I slapped the dash and the face of the player and it acted like it loaded the CD the rest of the way and the slot cover even closed. But it won't play or eject now. The display said INITIALIZING, the circle with the 1 lit up, but it still says CD ERROR when I attempt to eject or load.

What's the easiest way to get the player out? Leave the doors unlocked overnight in a rough neighborhood? ;)

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts
Mine will randomly do this to me.. I stopped fighting it and usually just switch to FM until it wants to stop being a bitch.. then eventually it will let me eject the CD lol New CD player is definitely on the to do list..:shitstormretarded

·
Aka 2003_lightning
12,215 Posts
Had this happen on my other truck had to pop it out an unscrew the top cover and was able to slide out

·
Registered
56 Posts
stuck cd

you can use a piece of solid copper wire witt the insulation stripped off bent on one end with a pair of pliers a sharp 90 degree bend.you only want the bend to be about the thickness of the cd.the idea is to insert the wire above the cd and catch the hole in the middle .so insert wire with bend horizontal then go vertical when you are over the hole and gently pull it out.your option is to push cd in and sometimes it will load/play.bad news is they all do this and when it starts it is probably time to start looking at a/m replacements like I did.guy I bought my 03 from said it was third factory unit in truck.my 03 cobra kinda does same thing but works ok as long as I don't let it try to go from 6 to 1 on it.s own..good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
I found a few places on ebay saying they would fix it. (type in Ford 6 CD changer repair) You have to take it apart and send them the changer. Anywhere from $100 / $150 I think what they charge for repair. I ended up buying a Kenwood stereo W/4 Kenwood speakers installed for $478 at Stereo Warehouse. (Sounds a ton better now) I haven't sent mine in yet for repair, it still has 5 disc in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts