Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets start from the top.. here is what a stock tbody looks like from the front.

Open it up and see what you have;

Now, remove the blades, open up the bowls a bit (Ford doesnt give you much room), and remove the "dimple" in the middle for better flow;

Now, Knife edge the blades, cutback the screws and, pardon my pun, work the shaft and;

Finished product ready for shipment;

This service is available for the rest of the month for 75 plus shipping, normally 95 plus shipping. Single blade tbodies also are available for "massaging" for 75 as well.

Expect better throttle response, improved flow and a bit more HP/TQ with this mod.

Perfect for those on a budget and dont want to pay upwards of 350 for a single blade.

For those interested, I have an exchange program available to keep your downtime to a minimum. Order an already modified stock tbody for 75, Plus shipping, pay a 50 dollar core charge and when I get your stock one back, I'll refund you the core charge.

Thank you for your interest.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Very interesting, I like it :smt023
Nice job JJ, Looks like a def improvement in design.
BTW, Will a Single Blade lose the Accu Stick with this Mod ?

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
i already did that to mine when i ported my blower, but nice work :mang

haven't got a chance to test mine out, but i changed sooooooo much, i won't even know how much it did.

·
Registered
426 Posts
How does knife blading the edges hold up over time? And what is the advantage of the "knife blade"?

Rich

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
wydopnthrtl said:
How does knife blading the edges hold up over time?  And what is the advantage of the "knife blade"?

Rich
it cuts through the air like a samurai sword :smt042

i would think it would help airflow by reducing turbulence. good question about durability. i wonder if it would bend the edges by being slamed shut over time.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Nice Job JJ

I would assume that it would not bend the blades, as when the idle is set the TB blades do not seat all the way.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bgstew6 said:
Nice Job JJ

I would assume that it would not bend the blades, as when the idle is set the TB blades do not seat all the way.
Exactly. The blades should not touch the tbody area at all.

If you look at the stock blades, imagine the air coming in and hitting the square part of the blade and then imagine what happens to the air after it hits that edge, it creates an area of low pressure just above and just under the blade, by knife edging the blades, you get rid of that area and hence more flow. Just like cutting back that extra 1/4 inch of screw sitting there, you get rid of a restriction.

[email protected]

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
SHe's purdy!!! :D :D

Cant wait for mine to come back! [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have done some pretty extensive dynoing with some throttle body combos on my own truck. The duel blades in every pull made more torqe (BBK 1755) But i still run the accufab for the bling aspect.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
Exchange????? Call me!

I'll call you!

Later...
Bruce

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Gents

Just got my modded stock TB back from JJ. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEeeeeeeeeeee!! She looking good. When he says knifing the blades, he wasnt kidding, almost cut my damn finger off playing with it last night. Gave her a breast reduction (Titty is gone), shaved her down(polished up nice and clean, LOPRO'd the screws mmmmmmmmmmm just like his pictures below show. Extremely nice work!!! Now to slap her on and see how well she does. I would love to have easy access to a dyno so that I can post some pre/post numbers but the closest dyno is an hour away. Any way to datalog with a predator to maybe show some results?

I hit the dyno for a tune in two weeks but will be throwing on a 6lb lower, honed and portmatched Upper Plenum and ported blower along with the JJ modded TB. THis is going on my Harley BTW.

High quality work JJ, thanks a million!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts