Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,603 Posts
no,stock boost is 8lbs i believe. Check and measure both crank pulley and supercharger pulley and report back with the measurements. Dont keep going full throttle until you get it figured out and make sure you have a tune that can handle the added boost.

· "01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
I thought my used lightning was stock but when at wide open throttle my boost guage pegs out above 10 lbs, is this normal?
I am assuming you have the stock boost gauge and they are known to be not to accurate. And to the best of my knowledge even on a stock L the needle will peg out above 10 lbs when going WOT. Every video I have watched on You Tube (maybe check it out yourself) the needle always pegs out when going WOT. So I wouldn't be too worried but the best way to keep an eye on your boost is definitely an aftermarket boost gauge (I like auto meter myself) then you can see exactly where your at. And yes stock boost is 8 lbs

· Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,724 Posts
also an intake will add roughly 2 lbs of boost just from uncorking the intake tract, so even if you have stock pullies, if you've got a K&N or aftermarket intake setup on that "stock" truck, you'll see around 10 lbs.

· Registered
16 Posts
also an intake will add roughly 2 lbs of boost just from uncorking the intake tract, so even if you have stock pullies, if you've got a K&N or aftermarket intake setup on that "stock" truck, you'll see around 10 lbs.
I've wondered this myself... last owner put a K&N filter in and otherwise claimed it to be stock, but the gauge will peg at 10 psi.

· Slevin
1,107 Posts
should be 2#

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.