Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Me too but I have a powersurge performance DS loop. Remember Sal?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes, I remember PSP (Sal) from the F150Online days when I was less active in forums.. being a young punk!

·
11 second street truck
10,253 Posts
Mine will be here thursday

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,666 Posts
You do.. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
True, but only if for whatever reason, I'm flat on my back on the floor under or near it. Not that often I assure you. I still have that Mag-Hytec transmission pan to do, just haven't had time lately. I'll see if I can find some suitable spacers before then, and do both at the same time. I'll be using a lift at the Auto Hobby Center on Tinker AFB to do the work.

·
11 second street truck
10,253 Posts
True, but only if for whatever reason, I'm flat on my back on the floor under or near it. Not that often I assure you. I still have that Mag-Hytec transmission pan to do, just haven't had time lately. I'll see if I can find some suitable spacers before then, and do both at the same time. I'll be using a lift at the Auto Hobby Center on Tinker AFB to do the work.
You could adjust the exhaust too

My bar and cross member clear 3" exhaust

·
9,666 Posts
You could adjust the exhaust too

My bar and cross member clear 3" exhaust
It's not the exhaust tubing on mine, it's the muffler. I'll look again, but I don't think it can go any higher. It's mounted at an angle, and it's fairly large. And I've no intention of taking it to a shop and having them redo the entire exhaust when a few washers fix the problem handily. I'll look at spacers at some point in time. But it's no priority. Trucks hanging out in the garage, as it always does. Didn't drive it 2000 miles last year. Haven't this year either. 1800 so far, and 1000 of that was driving to Kenny Proctor's place to get the hood. If not for that, it would likely be less than 1000 at this point in time. Bike riding weather here when it's not raining. Given choice between a motorcycle ride, or driving the Lightning, the bike wins every time.

·
11 second street truck
10,253 Posts
If it's at an angle there is an issue. Perhaps at your mid pipes

·
9,666 Posts
If it's at an angle there is an issue. Perhaps at your mid pipes
When I say angle, not front to back, but tilted when viewed front to rear. Like the stock muffler is mounted if I recall correctly. Whoever put the Borla on, they had the mid pipes redone to eliminate the cats there. But they did a good job of it. My friend James looked it over and liked what he saw. The muffler is tucked up pretty tight to the underside of the truck, it's just a fairly large muffler. Two-in, two-out. I suppose the muffler could possibly be moved back a bit, but that would entail redoing the whole thing. I'm not going there.

Even when I had a JLP set up on it, I still had to use washers. Just not as many because the JLP is only .25 thick, whereas the BroncoBeater is closer to 1.25 thick. The JLP is flat, where the BB's upper surface is above the mounting surface. It's just going to have to stay this way until I can come up with some spacers, even if I have to make them myself. Like I said, no a priority. It's totally fine as it is. The washers fit the bolts and all the hardware including the washers is Grade 8 stuff. It isn't going to break or fall off.

If you note from the side view, my exhaust tip is not hanging down. It's tight up inside the cutout. Last time I checked, all the hangers are in fine shape, not torn or stretched. That was last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I really need to get one made for my T-56 magnum. George's does look awesome though. As for the stiflers products I have their control arms and a few other pieces and they are def top notch pieces. I'd assume nothing less from the cross brace.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,604 Posts
I I have the chassis brace also, will it work with it?
Yes, it is designed to tie into the x-brace. Install instructions and the item itself have just not been added to the site because they have just recently been released.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts