Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since lowering my 04 L I've been trying to pinpoint a pop/clunk noise in the front when turning up/down an incline. I happened to come across a thread about the MAD enterprise custom front sway bar end links. I'm glad Stiffler's was able to continue making this design. So I ordered a set, got them in 2 days, and installed them the next. Yesterday I drove around all day and didn't hear any sounds coming from the front suspension.
Apparently the angle of the sway bar to end links was in a weird position when I lowered the front (belltech spindles, no isolators), and these Stiffler's links corrected that.
Stiffler's makes some great products for our Lightnings!!!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
They do make some awesome products. They will even be cooler if they get off their guff and get those damn LCAs out!

·
I like your avatar!
667 Posts
Didn't even know they had these. I don't have any clunking but I can tell the angle of my giant Hotchkis sway bar isn't quite right, more in the angle of the end links then the bar itself. These look like they would fix that...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They do make some awesome products. They will even be cooler if they get off their guff and get those damn LCAs out!
The are still working on making the LCA making sure everything is perfect!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't even know they had these. I don't have any clunking but I can tell the angle of my giant Hotchkis sway bar isn't quite right, more in the angle of the end links then the bar itself. These look like they would fix that...
I couldn't find them on their website, so I didn't even know they offered these until I searched LR and found they took over production from MAD enterprises. These really made a big difference for me...no more noises and front end feels more secure.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
"The are still working on making the LCA making sure everything is perfect!"

And how many more years will that take?

·
Registered
375 Posts
How lowered is your truck? Any part numbers or prices? End links look sick

·
Old Guys Rule
74 Posts
I want a set of their adjustable upper control arms. The one thing I dislike about these trucks is the front wheels leaning in at the top....looks like crap...

Just got to come off the $$$....

Cecil

·
"01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
I want a set of their adjustable upper control arms. The one thing I dislike about these trucks is the front wheels leaning in at the top....looks like crap...

Cecil
My wheels don't lean in at the top, usually that happens when a truck or car is lowered the wrong way or something in your suspension is not set up right, you should have it checked out before it causes any more damage.

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts

Cecil
How much are you lowered? Mine don't lean in either, and I'm 2-3" lower. Do you have cam bolts?

·
Old Guys Rule
74 Posts
Previous owner dropped it. I think 2 inches in the front...I'm thinking dropped spindles. They don't lean in a lot...it's subtle and I see it on a lot of L's and I've seen it discussed here before as a common thing from the factory. Not sure about the bolts.

I've got a lot to learn about front ends...

Cecil

1 - 17 of 17 Posts