Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the process of replacing my front brake lines with the Stifflers. Anyone here have pics of the fronts installed? I'm currently repainting my calipers and brackets and will be putting the lines on tomorrow. it comes with 1 bracket in the kit, but there are 2 brackets on the truck. also would like to see the angle that the banjo fittings go onto the calipers. there's no instructions or pics on the site for the front set. any help would be great so I can just get it back together fast. currently in Buffalo it's a snow fest and it's kinda cold out in the garage, so the quicker I can do it the better. thanx guys.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
At the caliper.

Secures to the lower control arm.

Connects to brake line from master cylinder under hood. Clip goes under that top nut.

Like this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx man, big help. did you make those lower control arm loops up yourself? they didn't come in my kit. my oem hoses have a big bracket that connects to the lower control arm.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
thanx man, big help. did you make those lower control arm loops up yourself? they didn't come in my kit. my oem hoses have a big bracket that connects to the lower control arm.
They came in my kit. Get with Stiffler's or Jeff (JunioRacing), he can get some. You could probably find some at your local hardware store as well.

·
"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
523 Posts
They came in my kit. Get with Stiffler's or Jeff (JunioRacing), he can get some. You could probably find some at your local hardware store as well.
Did mine recently and had all brackets and hardware for front and back. I'm sure if you call them they'll ship out whatever is missing.
Also, since I was bleeding the whole system I swapped to the Dot 5.1 fluid which has a little higher boiling point then dot 4. I still have my abs and from what I understand you can't use the Dot 5 silicone fluid with Abs system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did mine recently and had all brackets and hardware for front and back. I'm sure if you call them they'll ship out whatever is missing.
Also, since I was bleeding the whole system I swapped to the Dot 5.1 fluid which has a little higher boiling point then dot 4. I still have my abs and from what I understand you can't use the Dot 5 silicone fluid with Abs system.
Problem is, they don't show them in the picture of what all is included in the Stifflers set. So even if I contact them, there isn't a part that I can tell them is missing from the kit per the pics that are on their site?

·
"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
523 Posts
Per those pics posted is everything u need for the fronts. 2 metal brackets, 2 of those loop clamps for lower control arm, 2 clips for lines to brackets,4 copper washers, 2 banjo bolts and the 2 lines. You'll need fluid also which is not included

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Per those pics posted is everything u need for the fronts. 2 metal brackets, 2 of those loop clamps for lower control arm, 2 clips for lines to brackets,4 copper washers, 2 banjo bolts and the 2 lines. You'll need fluid also which is not included
I must be missing something here, because when I look at the picture they have on buystifflers.com website, the picture for the front brake line set doesn't show those loop clamps. it only shows 2 e-clips that I didn't get in mine, and even if I did, not sure what they'd be for anyways?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I must be missing something here, because when I look at the picture they have on buystifflers.com website, the picture for the front brake line set doesn't show those loop clamps. it only shows 2 e-clips that I didn't get in mine, and even if I did, not sure what they'd be for anyways?
Just call Brian at Stiffler's or pm JunioRacing, they will take care of you.

·
JDM Built/KB 3.2
2,174 Posts
I just did the front and rear Install of the Stiffler brake lines yesterday and it is a great kit! Everything was high quality just make sure you spray those old brake lines with PB you will definitely need it.
I had to unfortunately replace the lines going to the abs module because they were so rusted on they would not break free.
The rears were so easy, took me about 30 minutes even using a flashlight in the pitch black.

If you are looking to change your brake lines trust me this is the way to go.

I would get PB or something equivalent, brake fluid, and a 3/8 x 7/16 flare nut wrench.

·
Jeffv333
2,213 Posts
I just did the front and rear Install of the Stiffler brake lines yesterday and it is a great kit! Everything was high quality just make sure you spray those old brake lines with PB you will definitely need it.
I had to unfortunately replace the lines going to the abs module because they were so rusted on they would not break free.
The rears were so easy, took me about 30 minutes even using a flashlight in the pitch black.

If you are looking to change your brake lines trust me this is the way to go.

I would get PB or something equivalent, brake fluid, and a 3/8 x 7/16 flare nut wrench.
I need to do mine. Lol they look flashy!
When they break I will do mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jeff is the man for sure. He has been so helpful to me and always take the time to chat. I bet he will set you up.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,604 Posts
Jeff is the man for sure. He has been so helpful to me and always take the time to chat. I bet he will set you up.
Thank you for the kind words...and all the "shout-outs" from everyone. Always here to help if I can...

·
AntiSocial
721 Posts
I may have to get a set. We can’t get a firm pedal even after a fluid flush, so I gotta believe after 19 years, the lines on my truck are deteriorated at best, perished at worst.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts