Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Former addict
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my blower and upper plenum back... Updated porting job, port matched at the TB and S/C inlet, stripped the rotors:

(Dont mind the Spongebob placements - added for reflectivity effect ;-)

I also painted the IAC and bypass the body color of my truck, and shot it with clear:

Then mocked up everything, including the polished SBTB and EGR blockoff plate:

All I could say when I picked it up was HOLY $H!+!!! I couldn't believe what an INCREDIBLE job Bob and his team did on this supercharger and plenum!! Bob went over everything that was done - including stripping of the rotors - He HIGHLY recommends doing that on ALL the truck blowers due to the small clearances within the case, and the fact that the cases can deflect under high boost/heat condiditons. It's inexpensive to do and will save your rotors and blower - He even mentioned that they tend to run better and cooler! He port matched everything, and I verified when I put it all together.

Stiegemeier has gone ABOVE AND BEYOND what I was expecting when I picked it up. These pictures just CAN'T do the work justice! If you're going to be at the World Ford Challenge, come by to check it out - I'll be showing the truck in the car show there!!

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I Love sponge Bob :smt026

BTW
And WOW, Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautil Job Max Power, it looks amazing.... :smt023

:cheers:

·
Former addict
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just can't wait to get it in the truck already!!!

SOOOOOO much to do in the engine bay before I put in back on. Trying to get it ready for the car show at WFC.

OH, yea - Spongebob ROCKS :D

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The blower looks awsome.Mine is laying on the floor in my office.It will make your truck look awsome when on.Post some pics after its on.Are you going to do any more dress ups under the hood?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just some tips on keeping it that way...

I use a good paste wax on mine after I polish it to help seal it. Also remember that anti freez will etche it and make it turn white. I found this out after I blew one of my heads. I thought it's only anti freez it will wipe right off! It did but left the polished surface ash white. I had to hit it with the buffer and polishing compound to make it shine again.

Suavy

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
That looks bad ass :smt023

·
Registered
165 Posts
awesome.................

Russell
2004 lightning

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Suavy said:

I use a good paste wax on mine after I polish it to help seal it. Also remember that anti freez will etche it and make it turn white. I found this out after I blew one of my heads. I thought it's only anti freez it will wipe right off! It did but left the polished surface ash white. I had to hit it with the buffer and polishing compound to make it shine again.

Suavy
Looks outstanding, Could have Zoop sealed it before putting in on.  Dont they make high temp clear engine paint as well?

EIther way outstanding Mod, got great looks and performance out of that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Bgstew6 said:
Suavy said:

Suavy
Looks outstanding, Could have Zoop sealed it before putting in on.  Dont they make high temp clear engine paint as well?

EIther way outstanding Mod, got great looks and performance out of that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats true now but mine was polished 2 years ago and at that time I knew nothing about the zoop stuff. I would never clear coat it I love the fresh polished look.

Peace,

Suavy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts