Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a bit hesitant to post in this forum since it seems like the traffic is low, but here I go anyway. This won’t be a how too, but I’ll link everything I used. I can get some more detailed pictures too if there is interest. I am on the road in a hotel for a couple of weeks and already realized I have missed some pictures.

I installed a Kenwood DMX9706S, which is a multimedia receiver (no DVD or Nav), but it has wireless Apple Car Play, and a bunch of other cool features. One of those features is the plug and play Kenwood DRV-N520 dash cam. I also installed a backup camera from Master Tailgaters since life is not complete when you can’t see behind yourself.

The stereo opening required some generous trimming behind the dash, but it is a nice secure fit if you take your time and only cut off what you need to. The dash cam and microphone wiring were fished through the dash and up the driver side A-pillar, with the mic being mounted to the side of the dash cam, and the camera hidden from my field of view behind the rear view mirror. I pulled out the cigarette lighter and replaced it with a dual USB input. There is also a cheap 10” Walmart sub (Dual brand?) behind the driver seat that was in the truck when I bought it. I re-wired it, and it sounds decent. I had a similar backup camera on my previous truck, and this one works just as good as my other one. The grid lines are adjustable on the head unit too. It replaces the entire handle assembly, I just swapped over my lock tumbler.

I suppose I can answer any other specifics.

Kenwood DMX9706S
Kenwood DRV-N520 dash cam
Backup camera
USB ports
Dash kit
Wiring harness

PICS!

·
11 second street truck
10,490 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I really like to do clean audio installs.

I took a better shot of the dash cam while I was detailing the truck today too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same dashcam and a slightly diff Kenwood head unit in my 2013 F150, Works great, i've captured accidents before on it and all sorts of drunk drivers and road ragers. Wish Kenwood had a backward facing cam that could record and integrate like their dashcam. Good choice!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely like it so far. I need to mess around in the menus so I full understand the recording capabilities. Do you use any of the collision avoidance stuff? I disabled mine because I don't know how well it would actually work, and I don't know that it is necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts