Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$550 shipped (edit: I will throw in a phenolic upper plenum spacer)

I have a Steg stage 5 ported Eaton in great shape. Teflon coating had minor flakes a few years ago when I took it apart to have it ported so I stripped it all off. Fastest time with this blower was 12.20 @ 110.5 mph consistently. Truck has 50k miles on it. 630 400 4505

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump... I will pay shipping.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
NEWB QUESTION WHAT DOES STAGE 5 CONSIST OF

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NEWB QUESTION WHAT DOES STAGE 5 CONSIST OF

Honestly, I am not sure. It is just the stage that was listed on the receipt when I had him do it. I wouldn't mind knowing the differences between the different stages either. Just a guess, but I'm assuming it is just the 5th variation in flow characteristics.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a 2.76" pulley (2 lb)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Max boost you ran?
16. I put an 8 lb lower on but took it off after a couple times driving it. Was spinning the"heaton" too hard and didn't get any gains from it anyway. So i went back to the 6lb lower. The front drive and oil is good. The truck was running strong when I took the eaton off.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the 15# range would be a little much for it?

15lbs would be fine. My 6lb lower and this 2lb upper made 16lbs. It made more with the 8lb but that was counter productive due to the power lost from heat soak. I would never recommend spinning our Eaton above 16psi.

**Something to keep in mind. If you have full exhaust and or ported heads, you will have less backpressure and not make as much boost. So with a 6lb lower and this upper, if you make less than 16, that does not mean add more.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Price change ...$550 shipped

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
How many miles since ported? was it rebuilt at the same time?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dhitman did you have any belt slip running a 6 lower and 2 upper also did you have a tune?

I did not have any belt slip. I cut off the tab on the tensioner pulley to get more swing and it allowed me to put a smaller belt which helped I'm sure. Yes I had the truck dyno tuned. If I remember correctly it made a little over 400 hp and just under 500 ft. lbs of torque before I went to E-85.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How many miles since ported? was it rebuilt at the same time?

I put a little over 10,000 miles on it over about 3 years after it was ported. When I sent the blower to be ported they said everything looked good and said I could pay to have them re-build it but they didn't think it was necessary. I chose not to have it done.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Noob question will this bolt up to my 99 L?

I'm pretty sure there is no difference in the lower intake mid-plate bolt pattern on the 99 and 03.. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BUMP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts