Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steering wheel wheelskin is starting to look a bit worn out, and I would like to replace it with something fairly similar. I saw Latemodelresotoration had one, anyone have any experience with the quality and feel of them ? Or point me towards any good ones, I thought about putting a cover on it instead but I prefer the look and feel of the steering wheel without it. Thanks !

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Dallas Steering ..has a suede looks so nice..

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
for show I use shoe polish to dress it up

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for show I use shoe polish to dress it up
Never thought of that, I'm going to have to give that a try and see how it comes out.

That's the one I had in mind I was just curious if anyone here had ordered one before and what their experience was. Might just end up getting that one if it comes out to it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The latemodel is the one I used. I think it looks good and feels nice. The original was badly worn and twisted by the previous owners, which did slightly affect the finish. I can get pics later if you want.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The latemodel is the one I used. I think it looks good and feels nice. The original was badly worn and twisted by the previous owners, which did slightly affect the finish. I can get pics later if you want.
Sure i'd like to see some pics if you don't mind

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Obviously, a "non" cover would be a cleaner option, but I like it. (pay no attention to the set acce... It's days are numbered)
Doesn't look too bad, a bit shriveled up not sure if that's normal, but it does look nice. So you sewed this one over the original one or took off the original and then sewed it on?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Doesn't look too bad, a bit shriveled up not sure if that's normal, but it does look nice. So you sewed this one over the original one or took off the original and then sewed it on?
Yes, it's over the original. The padding/foam under the original was twisted and clumpy (didn't help the finish). I had recently purchased the truck and there was no way it could be driven the way it was. The skin seemed like a good option for a few years, or less of a hit if the truck didn't live up to its worth.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, it's over the original. The padding/foam under the original was twisted and clumpy (didn't help the finish). I had recently purchased the truck and there was no way it could be driven the way it was. The skin seemed like a good option for a few years, or less of a hit if the truck didn't live up to its worth.
Going to keep looking around if I can't find anything else, I think I'll just go with that and will see how that works out, I would like something to replace the original and not just go over it...and if it doesn't work out well then the search continues. Thanks btw.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'll be sending mine to Dallas Steering Wheel when I get around to it!
That's my truck!!!! Dallas steering wheel did a great job. Lots of different options you can choose from

1 - 19 of 19 Posts