Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my truck and it was lowered 2 in the front and 4 in the back i recently noticed that theres something rubbing against my rims when i turn all the way. Could it be that theres still the stock spindles on it or because theres no stoppers on them? I wanna get this fixed asap any advice or part numbers would be greatly appreciated :bigtu

·
Registered
672 Posts
Probably because the stops are missing. You could either see if you can find the Ford Racing stops or cobble some together with bolts and nuts from your local hardware store.

·
"01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
I have the same problem and I have stock suspension so I don't know if it has anything to do with being lowered but I would also like to know how to fix this :smt102

·
Registered
881 Posts
CINDERBLOCK

Originally Posted by jblot

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

Report this image

Steering stop repair "how to"
The problem: OEM steering stops rust off or fall off over time! This can cause the inner lip of your rims to rub wearing out the wheel itself

This picture is of the OEM stop it is located on the bed side of the lower control arm close to the caliper

Report this image

The solution: simple fix weld a simmilar size nut or bold in the location of the missing OEM stop!

Report this image

Short and sweet any questions ask away!!!

Report this image

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone was happy to find out its a simple repair and that i can save my rims from any further damage [smilie=bo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts