Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Cogs and Idlers
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through the archives and saw that the spare tire weighs about 65lbs and the stock wheel setup with NT05s at 30psi is within a half pound. If I were to run a stock F150 skinny steel wheel with a 7"ish wide tire, would the decrease in rolling resistance amount to anything or is it a waste of time?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,072 Posts
I run stock steel wheels from a 98f150 on my fronts at the track. When I get a chance I will weigh them and post it. I posted it sometime back of stock vs steel. At the time I was running stock 98 wheels with 215/75/16 in front and 28/10/16 co7 in back. I think I saved 100 and something pounds. Now I got some American racing 16x10

· Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,634 Posts
You already re-locate the battery? That's a bigger weight difference than tires. I've not done it, but I want to. Just keep putting it off, procrastinating. :ahhhh

· Cogs and Idlers
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only real relocation I've seen is to move the battery to the spare tire location and I can't remove the spare because I drive the truck a lot in the summer.

· Cogs and Idlers
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked these up today for $35 from the wrench and save a town over. I need to clean them up a little but I want to make sure they are the right wheels first. They fit over the studs on the truck but there isn't any room for the cone of a lug nut to fit in. Is that ok or will they need to be drilled?

Attachments

· I paid my buck-o-five
75,792 Posts
I'd run the stock F150 lugnuts (flat against the rim)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.