Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon to all,

I am currently looking into buying a 2002 L, it is fairly priced, in my opinion, and has some tasteful mods done to it. My only concern is that is has Stage 3 Crower cams installed, I have read negative comments about those cams and was wondering if anybody has any input, opinion, comments, etc. regarding that issue. I would be driving the lightning to and from work, approximately 18 miles with approximately 80% of those miles being highway, but I am also interested in the drivability of the stage 3 cams in normal street traffic. I will past the mods the truck has on it, any input regarding the price value of the truck would also be greatly appreciated, I know there are a lot of knowledgeable lightning owners on this forum and would greatly appreciate any input you may have. I appreciate your time, hope to hear from some of you. it has 122K miles and is listed at 12.5K.

List of mods:
MOTOR BORED 0.30
STAGE 3 CROWER CAMS
#6 PULLEY
SINGLE BLADE TB
DOUBLE SPRINGS
PORTED HEADS & SUPERCHARGER
SCT CHIP
SCT MAF SENSOR
#60 INJECTORS
WALBRO 255LBS FUEL PUMP
FORGED PISTONS & RINGS
TUNED BY SANOLI
HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP
NGK SPARKS
HEADERS & FLOWMASTERS
20" REPLICA RIMS 90% TIRES
NEW HEADLIGHTS AND FOG LIGHTS, CLEAN PAINT.

thanks again.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Did it for years not a problem at all

·
Old Guys Rule
74 Posts
I hope it has forged rods and you just didn't list them...I also hope it's not 122k miles since the rebuild.

Cecil

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope it has forged rods and you just didn't list them...I also hope it's not 122k miles since the rebuild.

Cecil

yes sir, the rods are also forged, he actually said everything is forged and it has not been 122K since the rebuild, that is what is on the odometer. it seems like a good deal to me, but I am not an L expert, hopefully I will get some more opinions from members such as yourself.

thanks again.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Does it run? Says it's been sitting for over a year? Seems like a nice looking truck from the two pics he posted! I think he is a little high on the price with the miles being that high. Start at 10.5k and go from there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it run? Says it's been sitting for over a year? Seems like a nice looking truck from the two pics he posted! I think he is a little high on the price with the miles being that high. Start at 10.5k and go from there.

Thanks man.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Currently have the stage 3 crowers and I really like the idle and drivability isn't bad when it comes to stop signs/lights. Been running them for about 5yrs now.

·
Old Guys Rule
74 Posts
Any mention of transmission work and who might have done the tune? Does it come with a hand held programmer?

If the transmission and engine have been done by a reputable builder and it runs well...mileage on the odometer is meaningless and not to worry about.

If the transmission is original I would be concerned about that but it's not terminal just a factor in the pricing...otherwise the truck looks great.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I drive my truck up to vinnies parties over an hr away. I cruise around town with it.
In over drive I see 14.2 up to 14.9 a/f
Motor spec in sig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts