Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a line a good quality socket head SS bolts? I'm looking specifically for replacement bolts for the lower blower pulley. I understand that they are M10x1.5x25 and I'll need three plus the lock washers.

Thanks,
Herb

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
You might want to try Bowman, I don't know their website but at work we have a nice selection of standard cap screw type stainless fastner's they supply. I'm sure they have allen head too.
Bryan

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
herb ss is alot weaker than grade 5 and 8. i dont know i would trust it on the blower pulley or any pulley for that matter and the shear strength is no all that good. Looks nice but do you want your pulley taking off on you when you mash the pedal

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping that I might learn of an alloy I've not used yet [smilie=fingersx.gif]. Most fasteners (in SS) are 18-8 or 316, which are about on par with Grade 2 bolts. I hear what you're saying and definately agree about this not being good enough. I may just wind up with some new 12.9 grade black oxide finished ones and paint them (I HATE rusting bolt heads).

Thanks for looking out for me :cheers:

Herb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts