Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many guys are going for sure?I see there are some guys signed up and some paying at the gate.Just curious because I would love to attend.

·
NO SPONSORS
5,690 Posts
I'm going, but not sure that I'll be racing.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Unfortunately, an event like Spookfest seems to have a lot of last minute planners. Dave had a really nice turnout last year, and as long as the weather cooperates, I'm sure it'll be just as good this year. I'd just keep an eye on the Official Spookfest 2015 Thread.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Dave puts on an awesome event so thanks to him... I am out this year pending a miracle at work and being able to take off.

Goodluck to everyone.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
I'll be there, Jimmy Dolan, Paul at Tits, Adam struck by, polish Paul.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,677 Posts
Unfortunately a lot of the Spookfest regulars won't be running, as mentioned cpsmith trying to get off work, dudeL pulling the vag card, Carmelo has an appointment to get castrated that day, rich is still procrastinating on a tune, and I'm sure there's 15 other guys with excuses that they're not "ready" because their new valve stem caps didn't arrive yet or they won't have time to detail their floor mats before the race so they aren't going to run lol. Luckily there still will be a good turnout of badazz trucks like Paul from TITS and I hear Ralph's 7 second truck should be ready too, and last I spoke with JL he was coming also. Plus a good handful of others I've heard are attending but haven't sent payment in yet to get on the list.

I will be there to spectate and help out, but unfortunately it'll be the first SF out of the last 8 that my truck won't be ready for, and not valve stem caps or floor mats lol, talking engine still on the stand, front clip still at the body shop for paint, front bumper still at the fab shop for making a mold.

Looking forward to seeing those guys who are racing, it'll be a blast as always!

·
NO SPONSORS
5,690 Posts
Oh shit I forgot about my valve stem seals!

·
14,677 Posts
Oh shit I forgot about my valve stem seals!
Just so everyone else knows the offer I threw out to you, so they can bust your balls too on why aren't you racing this year....here was my offer to Rich since I can't bring my truck.

He can borrow my full set of bogarts
He can borrow my kirkey
He can use my fans/fuel jugs/generator/etc.
I'd help him strip that pig down to a good race weight (and put it back after the race)
I'd use my truck and trailer to tow his azz down there and back

All of dat fo' freeeeeee, just because I want to see him finally get that 10 second slip that the truck has deserved for a long time now and is long overdue!

All he needs to do is get the tune from 3 years ago tweaked enough to run it! Heck I'll be itching so much to race, I'll split the rental cost if I can make some passes in it too!

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Just so everyone else knows the offer I threw out to you, so they can bust your balls too on why aren't you racing this year....here was my offer to Rich since I can't bring my truck.

He can borrow my kirkey
I'd help him strip that pig down to a good race weight (and put it back after the race)

All of dat fo' freeeeeee, just because I want to see him finally get that 10 second slip that the truck has deserved for a long time now and is long overdue!

All he needs to do is get the tune from 3 years ago tweaked enough to run it! Heck I'll be itching so much to race, I'll split the rental cost if I can make some passes in it too!
That's a HELLUVA OFFER Rich. You don't even have to take a chance driving LOL to the track! And when you get there your UBER SLAVE will unload your truck, prep it for the 10-second pass, and maybe only ask for a chance to run a couple passes and maybe challenge you!!!!

:woohoo

Mike

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I may be going too. If leach is feeling up to it he will drive up with me. Will see.

·
NO SPONSORS
5,690 Posts

He can borrow my kirkey

That's a HELLUVA OFFER Rich. You don't even have to take a chance driving LOL to the track! And when you get there your UBER SLAVE will unload your truck, prep it for the 10-second pass, and maybe only ask for a chance to run a couple passes and maybe challenge you!!!!

Mike

Oh it's a very good offer! Only issue is getting the tune tweaked and coming up with the money to race. Money is the only thing holding me up at the moment. There are more important things going on right now so the truck has taken a major back seat. I still own it and drive it. Just really haven't had too much time to mess with it.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

He can borrow my kirkey

All of dat fo' freeeeeee

Now why can't u make me that offer ?
I would be allllllllllll about it.

Oh wait almost forgot the golden rule.
Never let anybody slower then you drive ur faster truck lol
Low 9's beats high 9's never mind lol

·
14,677 Posts

Mike
I just want to see it run it's long overdue 10 sec pass, instead of 12's! I've known rich since 2002 or 2003, and his N/A 01 HD went s/c before I did in my N/A 00 HD, and I remember going for a couple rides in his while I was doing the conversion on mine....it's time that truck got a 10 sec slip!

Oh it's a very good offer! Only issue is getting the tune tweaked and coming up with the money to race. Money is the only thing holding me up at the moment. There are more important things going on right now so the truck has taken a major back seat. I still own it and drive it. Just really haven't had too much time to mess with it.
You were tuned by JL back in 2012 at the dyno day we had with you, Jeff, and George. I'm sure JL would help you out with tweaking the tune at the track that day, especially if I'm your wingman for the day and not bugging JL for tune tweaks on my truck since I won't have it there lol. Lets get it done!

Now why can't u make me that offer ?
I would be allllllllllll about it.

Oh wait almost forgot the golden rule.
Never let anybody slower then you drive ur faster truck lol
Low 9's beats high 9's never mind lol
I already made that offer since you're using the lame excuse you can't take the day off yet you've known the date since Dave posted it in what March? Sick day!

Go to work, and I'll tow your truck down there, race it, get you a nice slip, and deliver it back home....hopefully in 1 piece this time lol

And if you want to go by the golden rule, JL shouldn't even let you race your own truck anymore [smilie=om

But really for the Jackson/Howell area folks, if Rich or Carmelo don't take me up on my offers, my stuff is up for grabs if anyone needs to borrow slicks, skinnies, generator, fans, kirkey, etc. And if you're local I'll tow you down/back if you want.

·
105's Coming Soon!!!
2,359 Posts
I will most likely be there with the mustang but paying at the gate.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wish I could make it, but the truck is nowhere near ready. I keep saying every year but then things come up.

I'm going to try my best for next year.

I know that street tires are not allowed. But my question is that if I run Nitto, M/T, M&H drag radials is that ok? Or does it have to be an actual slick? Thanks.

And good luck to everyone going.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Drag radial is fine. No street tires

1 - 19 of 19 Posts