Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I gots $500 on mr Korn if any takers?
I also gots a G on mr Korn if any takers?
I will take all $1,500. Both trucks right off the trailer. Let me text you my Paypal account Chris. :rolleyes::D. You in for an online handshake deal?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
And...... just so you know you better sink that 2.6 record deep in the 8s because ima bolt one on the new combo after I take the 2v blower record!
I don't think an 8 sec pass is achievable with the 2.6 unless it is super light and sprayed. But hell what do I know, I just have a standard iron block 2V with a non liquid cooled 11 year old 2.6 running 9.50's. I'm going on my 3 year with this combo with no issues and plan to run at least into realistic 9.4's next year. Glad to see someone challenging the 2.6 record with whatever combo but I don't think you need to be in the 8's to grab it. I would rather see you with a low 9 and keep it in one piece then to push it.

Hope you can make SF this year Chris so we can meet after many years of talking. Also then we can bust each others balls in person. ;)😄. .......and bring me my cash in person 😂

Should be fun this year. Good turnout and some good grudge racing and fast trucks!! Weather looks great and a 13 mph tailwind :oops:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Dang this race is getting heated! Everybody better strap in… it’s gonna be a tight one! Lots of money on the line and big boys putting there pants on 😂

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,825 Posts
Always gotta be a catch with guys smfh... but that’s fine! I will have my money on the combo that’s never made a single pass since built at the track. Still got faith even on a untested combination.

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,825 Posts
I don't think an 8 sec pass is achievable with the 2.6 unless it is super light and sprayed. But hell what do I know, I just have a standard iron block 2V with a non liquid cooled 11 year old 2.6 running 9.50's. I'm going on my 3 year with this combo with no issues and plan to run at least into realistic 9.4's next year. Glad to see someone challenging the 2.6 record with whatever combo but I don't think you need to be in the 8's to grab it. I would rather see you with a low 9 and keep it in one piece then to push it.

Hope you can make SF this year Chris so we can meet after many years of talking. Also then we can bust each others balls in person. ;)😄. .......and bring me my cash in person 😂

Should be fun this year. Good turnout and some good grudge racing and fast trucks!! Weather looks great and a 13 mph tailwind :oops:
We didn’t build this shit to not push it! It’s getting all the boost right off the trailer like always.
If eric by some miracle loses I will PayPal you! Don’t worry I keep my word.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
If there are no videos of these runs on youtube and posted on here by Monday afternoon I am going to be pissed. lol. Everyone that is going have fun!

·
Registered
⚡ Subscribe on YouTube ⚡
26 Posts
If anyone can get some video, and get with me, that'd be awesome! I'd love to post it on my channel, since it's all Lightning content! I'm sure my subscribers would love to see this ⚡

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
So regardless of who wins the Korn / UF race, I will race UF. Last time we raced we were both in the 9.7 to 9.8 range with Frank pulling me down for the win. On paper Frank is lighter and a bit faster but for sure we will both make a clean pass for a good race. Based on the weather I should be in the 9.6's and Frank may dip into a high 9.4 or low 9.5. Could be a nail biter. :oops:

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
Where’s the results ?? They drive me crazy all week and I don’t know the answer on the day of the race !
Ah all the fun drama is on FB!

I couldn't make it, we were literally coming home from the hospital with our newborn this weekend. I've made it (and raced at) 2 other spookfests where our kid was born on Monday of SF week and I was able to make it and race on that Friday, but just couldn't swing it this time being the same weekend as coming home from the hospital with a 2 day old haha. So here's the recap from FB. Still haven't seen Frank, Dude, or Eric chime in, so before anyone gets on my case about posting yet not being there, yes I'm sure there's other sides to the story but none of them have commented yet, so here's the FB recap since nobody else has posted since yesterday <and my comments for entertainment>

-First match up, Frank went 9.59 @ 139.43 to Eric's 9.74 @ 139.62, but Eric won by 0.2688 from the hole shot at the tree with a 0.450 R/T against Frank's 0.867 R/T. Now the drama on why this win for Eric didn't count was for some reason, they switched it to a protree just for their race, which in all the FB drama is saying is only a disadvantage for Frank, even though both drivers got the same surprise lol. It clearly shows in both of their R/Ts that both guys were surprised by this. IMO....the bets in this thread read as whoever won the match up, not just whoever had the lower E/T by itself, which means R/T, E/T, it all counts, and whoever crosses the stripe wins. Yet it was getting twisted around that the pass didn't count since Frank didn't cut a good of a light as Eric. Makes sense right? lol

Now if the bet were just who had the faster E/T, Frank had it, but then in that case what did the light even matter? Or why did even lining up together even matter if R/T and who crosses the stripe first doesn't count? Eric won the 1st race, but apparently they called Chris, and he said nah don't pay out if Frank's saying he's not happy since he was surprised by the tree, give it another go. Nice of Chris to give that courtesy, but it shot him in the foot.

Second time they lined up, Eric red lit and snapped an axle. So Frank won the 2nd run, but apparently Chris was told to pay up the 1500. So that's stirring up the drama. Sure Frank won the 2nd pass since Eric redlit and broke, but IMO if the first run (which was FAIR since both drivers had clean runs and both got the same surprise on the tree) got a courtesy to waive the payout since the drivers were surprised by the tree and they wanted a match up where the drivers were both happy with their pass, then the same courtesy should have been given on the second runs, to waive the payout since it wasn't a clean pass both drivers were happy with. Yeah Eric still lost because he went red, and IMO it would have been a different story if that happened the 1st pass. But that 1st match pass was a 100% fair clean run for both drivers and they said they'd waive the payout just because Frank wasn't happy with his slow R/T. Second pass I'm sure Eric wasn't happy with his negative R/T AND breaking, yet Chris gets told pay up. So much for any Lightning community lol

Of course that's not all, since Eric wanted to make some passes right off the bat, and it's a new setup, apparently they got the thumbs up from Frank to make some passes in the morning before their match up in the afternoon. So some are saying that invalidates the "right off the trailer" bet....yet somehow it only invalidates it for their 1st match when Frank lost (on a clean side by side pass), but reinstates the bet on the 2nd match when Frank won (on a pass Eric redlit & broke) lol. Nobody can be consistent with their arguments on what counts or doesn't count. We all know how dumb I think the "right off the trailer" talk is, like we're "Lightning Rental Rebels from the MSO! Queen of da rentalz!", it's just a lame attempt at an advantage over a new setup. This ain't NPK or Skreet Outlawz lol. Not to mention every rental/event I've been at with Frank, he usually waits till half the day is over before making a pass, and only makes maybe 2 in the whole day. Other folks like Eric want to use the rental to spend the whole day making passes and dialing it in, not 1 or 2 passes in the entire day to pack it up and head out lol. I don't blame him at all for wanting to get multiple passes in that day and not wait till after lunch to line them up and squander the whole morning away. But again, why do the earlier passes only invalidate the bet against the 1st pass when Frank lost by sleeping, yet doesn't invalidate it for the 2nd pass when Eric lost by going red & breaking an axle?

So Eric didn't get the record, but that wasn't the bet (or maybe it was? lol). Either way, IMO a 9.7 on a new setup with an ~800 ft D/A is nothing to scoff at. I remember Frank taking a few years to get his down where it's at, yet that's all forgotten about now lol. It's just good to see some contenders going at the same record when it's so few and far between these days. Records lose the fun when there's no competition going for it.

The real highlight of SF IMO was seeing pics/vids of Eric Pagliughi's truck out there. That thing is absolutely sinister! First outing making license passes. I saw someone say they saw a best of 8.0 coasting out the back end. That monster will definitely be going after the worlds fastest lightning title now that it's finally out there and getting some track time. Queue all the "that's not a real lightning" comments LOL Please....I'd rather see that work of art than a "real" lightning with a Fisher Price rollbar! lol It's built from a real Lightning (what's left of the chopped top cab, but hey it counts lol), and owned by one of the OG lightning guys. EricP held the 2v s/c street L record for years with his 9.39 set waaaaay back in the late 00's, in this same truck before he went ballz to the wallz!

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Clothing Tire Wheel Car Cloud

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Car

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Car Sky

21 - 40 of 60 Posts