Lightning Rodder banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK 1st off I want to say a big THANK YOU to Brett and Jamie. Yeah we got hosed this year due to weather, but it's not their fault. They tried and put up with way more shit than they need to, especially with all the bitching about refunds. All I wanted to do was some T&T, hang out with buddies, and just enjoy being a Lightning owner. The big races with all the classes are cool and all, but that's really doesn't encompass the Lightning community per se. I prefer the SF format over anything else, and even though I took a week and a half off work, drove 3,000 miles, spent over a $1,000.00 in rentals, gas, etc I would do it all over again and look forward to any future Spookfests! Don't let the whiners get you guys down!!!

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,645 Posts
I've done a couple bracket events, and it's a whole different strategy, and it is fun because it's something a bit different, but key word is it's different. We're comparing apples to oranges here between events.

Onto SF, I was a little bummed to see my refund pop in for SF. That means the whiners won (twice now lol). I would have had no issue of it going right towards a spring event, and I can totally empathize with the coordinators dealing with folks upset even tho they're just trying to do something for the community, there's no way to please everyone, and usually the few ruin it for the masses. Fingers crossed for a spookfest 2021, and maybe a smaller invite-only spring rental for the folks that were on board for a drama-free fall event. Just wanna do "race car things with my race car friends" lol.

Still loaded up ready to go, hoping to hit a T&T before the year is out since it's already in race trim, may as well get a pass or two out of it before I put the bed cover and seats back in before putting the cover back on and storing it for the winter.

Major kudo's and props to the SF organizers this year, even more than usual, because all the coordination work went in without any of the fun, which means those guys put in all the work and only faced the flack from guys upset about weather and 2020. Big thanks to you guys for sticking thru it. It is appreciated!

·
Administrator
18,469 Posts
It was very clear to me that Spookfest was to be rescheduled at the track's discretion if weather was an issue. It has always been that way. I can't believe people cried about refunds. Brett/Jamie and whoever helped organize, thanks again.

Jim

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys ! There was a ton of work to try to keep it on track, especially with the Covid bullshit rules for spectators/ "crew". Sucks that it had to end the way that it did, but we haven't thrown the towel in yet.
Once Cecil has their '21 schedule made I've talked to the track for a plan B....

101 - 104 of 104 Posts