Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 01 lightning i just bought. everything is fine except it has a smashed speedo cluster(but the cir. board is good). i bought a cluster from a 02 lightning that was wrecked that has very similar mileage. ive swapped cluster in and everything works except it wont fire the "theft" light just blinks lol. ive researched this a little and i know it has something to do with the pats system. what my question is, is what how do i make this work without going through the stinkin dealer thats 138 miles from here.???? i have the computer from the 02 lightning as well and key!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
read a thread started by enemy, the process to overcome the PATS is detailed there

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
yes, it was his non Lightning F-150 he had the same issue

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah i read that but his situation was a little diff. i think ive found the answer i was looking for but it wasnt good news lol. i wish there was a way to eliminate the pats system manually without re-programming

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
I thought that enemy disabled his PATS....

·
Registered
638 Posts
There should be a chip in the cluster you should be able to swap them out, i put a autometer lunar cluster in my mustang a few year ago an that is all i needed to do to make it work. Or you could get a tune with the pats turned off

·
Sha Sha.....
1,198 Posts
Key code is also stored in the PCM so swaping the transponder will not work.

The only way to remove the PATS system is in the tune. You really only have two options. Tune or programing. Does the truck start with the old cluster?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well yeah but i have the other PCM so if i swapped that along with the cluster and the pats reciever. then swapp the transponders from the keys i think that may work? maybe?

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
well yeah but i have the other PCM so if i swapped that along with the cluster and the pats reciever. then swapp the transponders from the keys i think that may work? maybe?
no cause you would also have to swap the barrel and key to. then I guess it would work? PM ride the is what I would do

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
If you have all of the parts from the other truck then yes it would work. You would need the keys and the tumbler from the donor truck. Swapping transponder chips is a pain and can lead to bigger issues down the road so, I do not recommend doing that.

Makes sure the donor PCM and your PCM are the same Calibration code.

Otherwise, Jdiggy is dead on.

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
If the circuit board is still good on the smashed cluster just remove the board from the factory cluster and install it into the cluster you bought. Thats the easiest and cheapest way to get around going to the dealer! It will keep your correct mileage as well!

Wayne

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
If the circuit board is still good on the smashed cluster just remove the board from the factory cluster and install it into the cluster you bought. Thats the easiest and cheapest way to get around going to the dealer! It will keep your correct mileage as well!

Wayne

Thats what I was thinking to but I dont know how smashed it is?

·
Sha Sha.....
1,198 Posts
If you have all of the parts from the other truck then yes it would work. You would need the keys and the tumbler from the donor truck. Swapping transponder chips is a pain and can lead to bigger issues down the road so, I do not recommend doing that.

Makes sure the donor PCM and your PCM are the same Calibration code.

Otherwise, Jdiggy is dead on.
:laughing25

1 - 19 of 19 Posts