Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not me Thank God but my boss was telling that a friend of a friend works at the police department.

Heres the deal.
If you get a speeding ticket. Pay it imediatley by check and overpay by 3 or 4 dollars.
They won't report it to your insurance or deduct any points until after the computer closes it out. The computer won't close it out because of the overpayment.
Now the system will eventualy create a refund check and mail it to you.
DO NOT CASH IT!!!!
If you don't cash it the system won't close out your case and the points go unreported.
Your not at any risk for violation or pursecution because you promptly paid your fine.

Well, thats it! Anyone else heard of something like this?

I am a bit skeptical.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I disagree!

I never pay a ticket I get my lawyer and we go to court. The court feels that is your record is that important they will work with you. I have had 4 speeding tickets and have had all of the bucked down to impeeding trafic. Court get's 65 bucks my lawyer get 100. and my insurance doesn't go up and no points.

Suavy

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOW got to love the internet
Who'd think there was an article on what my Buddy just
posted about. But I got to admit, it almost makes sense
THAT IT CAN WORK, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
648 Posts
there was a report I want to say on autoerotica or speed channel or one of those, but anyway.It originated in england, That's where the story came from. It was the way thier computer system was set up. It was true and then the ministry had it corrected. I love hearing stories like it happen to my friends , friends, first cousin, twice removed. :D I wouldn't try it here unless you got nothing better to do :smt009 ..........who knows!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds good, but as others have said it is BS. If you have ever gotten a check for any form of government or even rebates, they have a clause on them that they are only good for so long then you lose out on the refund. They could care less what you do with your money.

Suavy is right...I have had all my speeding tickets throughout the years reduced to non-moving violations by bucking up for court costs and paying the lawyer/fine. Definitely worth the extra money over the insurance buttheads that already outrageous rates for insurance that would love to charge you more!!

Not that I love giving my money away, but I would rather pay someone who actually did something for me like a lawyer than get screwed and be charged more by a company that does nothing for you except fight with you in you should have a claim like an insurance company. If you figure what you pay for your vehicle and if you never have a claim, how much money have they made off of you, how many times the actual value of the vehicle that is....perplexing on how that one works.

Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.